• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2012 Video Documentary (with interviews!)

ToastyKen

WCA
2012LUKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It only took me, what, 5 months to get around to editing this? :)

Here's my video documentary of US Nationals 2012!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHtf8hHAY0

Edit: Vimeo version, should be slightly higher quality, and you can DOWNLOAD the video, too!
https://vimeo.com/57122621

Edit: MORE INTERVIEWS! Additional interviews that didn't make the initial cut. Think of it as deleted scenes. :) It's mostly because I kept asking the same questions, and got a lot of the same answers. :p See my comment below for the embed, or follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJ4xfugFBo

This is the first time I've ever tried interviewing people. It was fun, but I've got lots to learn about interview technique! :)

Please share the link with anyone you know who appears in the video; in retrospect I should've taken down my interviewees' contact info...

And I tried to edit it to appeal to be comprehensible to non-cubers, too, so please try spreading it to non-cubers, and see what they think. :) Thanks!

And apologies to those I interviewed who didn't make the final edit. I cut 3 hours of footage down to 12.5 minutes to keep the pace going!

Oh and btw I have footage on the cutting room floor of most of the 3x3 finals, so if anyone needs footage of their 3x3 finals solves not in this video, let me know.

Music by FantomenK

Last edited by a moderator:

ToastyKen

WCA
2012LUKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it would be cool to see the uncut footage specifically the awards ceremony since we wanna know the cash prizes

There's 3 hours of raw footage. I'm not gonna be uploading all of that... :\

As mentioned, the cash prizes you can look up online...

That said, I do have:

- large chunks of the award ceremonies shot from back stage (don't recall if I have everything)
- most of the 3x3 finals solves, with the exception of the beginnings of each cuber's solve #2 (when I took still photos) and the second half of Andy Tsao and Jong-Ho Jeong (because I had to switch batteries!).

If there are any specific ceremonies or solves you'd like to see that I edited out, please let me know!

And thanks everyone for the kind comments both here and on YouTube. Glad you like the video! :)

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
There's 3 hours of raw footage. I'm not gonna be uploading all of that... :\

As mentioned, the cash prizes you can look up online...

That said, I do have:

- large chunks of the award ceremonies shot from back stage (don't recall if I have everything)
- most of the 3x3 finals solves, with the exception of the beginnings of each cuber's solve #2 (when I took still photos) and the second half of Andy Tsao and Jong-Ho Jeong (because I had to switch batteries!).

If there are any specific ceremonies or solves you'd like to see that I edited out, please let me know!

And thanks everyone for the kind comments both here and on YouTube. Glad you like the video! :)

Full video of funny reactions of people's failure/success would be cool. Also you can separate raw footage into part so it uploads faster