• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Us Nationals 2011 The Movie - Send me your footage!

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
2ymhqwh.jpg

You may or may not have seen my latest thread, but basically I asked people if the concept of making a "movie" of nationals would be a good idea (something like this but longer). And it seems like everyone thought this was a great idea. Now though, I need you guys to send me good solves that you filmed at US nats 2011 for me to edit. If you filmed it, I want it.

What kind of solves do I want? I'm looking for things like sub-10 3x3 solves, sub 50 4x4 solves, sub 4 2x2 solves, etc.

Some specific solves im looking for (this isnt all im looking for)([X] means i have it):
Dan Cohen's 7.93 3x3 single and NAR 4x4 average. []
Weston's NAR OH average. []
Kevin Hays' WR 6x6 average [X]
Chester Lian's Sub-1 BLD. []
Rowe's NAR sub-1 megaminx (not sure if this was filmed) []
Jonathon Cookmeyer's NAR megaminx avg [X]
Breandan Vallance's winning 3x3 avg. Possibly some footage from the award ceremony aswell (i left before then, so I dont know exactly what happened) []
David Woner's Clock NAR [X]

So now your probably asking, how do i send you my footage? Well, I have set up an e-mail, [email protected], for you to send me your footage to. However, dont send them as an attachment, but either upload them to zshare, mediafire, or as "unlisted" to YouTube, send me the link and describe in the email what you sent me. I won't use everything that is sent to me as i want this to be around 3 minutes.

I would prefer you send me clips in 720p HD, if that is not possible just send me what you have. Also, if anyone has some nice panning shots of the venue, that would be great if they sent it to me.

Send me your clips by August 19th! The sooner you send me them the sooner I can start editing!

Updates: I have permission from Approaching Nirvana and Noisestorm to use their music in the movie, just so you get an idea of what kind of music will be in it.

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Christopher Olson was the only one who got a sub 2 single in 222. I guess you don't want anything from Anthony, Dan Cohen or JJ who each got a sub 3 avg (as well as Chris), nor any solves from people who finished in the top 3 in the finals at all?...

EDIT: Also, you don't want any of Breandan's solves in his winning average, in 333?

Last edited:

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Christopher Olson was the only one who got a sub 2 single in 222. I guess you don't want anything from Anthony, Dan Cohen or JJ who each got a sub 3 avg (as well as Chris), nor any solves from people who finished in the top 3 in the finals at all?...

EDIT: Also, you don't want any of Breandan's solves in his winning average, in 333?

No, I don't have room for all of those solves. Possibly a sub 3 2x2 avg, but other than that no. And I completely forgot about breandans avg XD. Thanks.

Weston

Premium Member
WCA
2008MIZU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that Cameron Brown has the last three solves of my NAR average, which include a 13 and a 14 and maybe some celebration depending on the angle filmed :3

H

Hershey

I know that Cameron Brown has the last three solves of my NAR average, which include a 13 and a 14 and maybe some celebration depending on the angle filmed :3

Why hasn't he uploaded the video yet?

H

Hershey

Did Weston say Camcuber has his last 3 OH solves? Is it part of the NAR?