• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Unsolvable Cube

pdtek

Hello-

I was solving my favorite cube for about the tenth time today when all of a sudden the final algorithm left the top layer scrambled instead of solved. I thought my brain had gone until I was able to solve my other cubes just fine. I am assuming that a cube got twisted out of place without me knowing it. The question is how do I know which one, or do I just need to take the whole thing apart and re-assemble it? And if I do is there a link to a site with good instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!

phreaker

Hello-

I was solving my favorite cube for about the tenth time today when all of a sudden the final algorithm left the top layer scrambled instead of solved. I thought my brain had gone until I was able to solve my other cubes just fine. I am assuming that a cube got twisted out of place without me knowing it. The question is how do I know which one, or do I just need to take the whole thing apart and re-assemble it? And if I do is there a link to a site with good instructions on how to do this?

Thanks!
A guess for you:

Solve the cube using the beginner's method, you'll find one corner is off. Just twist it back to being solved, you should be able to do so. Most speed cube corners can be twisted into place. :)

HydraBoss

YouTube
Visit Channel
Solve the cube using the beginner's method, you'll find one corner is off. Just twist it back to being solved, you should be able to do so. Most speed cube corners can be twisted into place.
This is a good idea. I use 2 look oll and I can always tell when a corner is flipped

pdtek

cube1.JPG cube2.JPG Using the beginner's method, this is how the cube looks at the point that it should be solved.