• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Unofficial North Carolina Competition

Competition Options/ Questions

• Total voters

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
I would come for official comp.

But you wouldn't come for an unofficial competition (sarcasm) You live in NC, if it was in Raleigh/Cary I would jump on the opportunity. It is really your choice though I just hope as many people as possible would go, because otherwise it would be just me and my Rubik's cube club noobies

mrpotatoman14

But you wouldn't come for an unofficial competition (sarcasm) You live in NC, if it was in Raleigh/Cary I would jump on the opportunity. It is really your choice though I just hope as many people as possible would go, because otherwise it would be just me and my Rubik's cube club noobies
The main problem is that I'm in school at that point and will probably have lots of projects and tests.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
BTW will it be on a Friday or Saturday? If it's on Saturday I'll come but if Friday not Cause I have school or depending on when my Spring break is.

All three dates are Saturdays.

Some more information:
A $10 cover charge will be the cost of this comp. This covers pizza and drinks for lunch.
If you plan on coming, please bring any stackmat like timers you have, including qj brand. There is not enough funding to provide a lot of timers.
There will also be a secret puzzle event, that should be fun.

And PLEASE VOTE even if you are not sure please vote on which days you have available, therefore planning can be made as soon as possible

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All three dates are Saturdays.

Some more information:
A $10 cover charge will be the cost of this comp. This covers pizza and drinks for lunch.
If you plan on coming, please bring any stackmat like timers you have, including qj brand. There is not enough funding to provide a lot of timers.
There will also be a secret puzzle event, that should be fun.

And PLEASE VOTE even if you are not sure please vote on which days you have available, therefore planning can be made as soon as possible

I have 2 timers 1 with a data port and the other without one.

the one with the data port is screwed up.

Maybe this can help you http://www.kickstarter.com/

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
ugh it's like 5 hours from where I live :( My parents will never let me go that far for an unofficial comp, and probably not even for an official one :'(

That's too bad. There is still no harm in asking. My parents are the same way. My dad signed me up for a girl scout camp (without asking me) duing the Raleigh Open, which I realllly wanted to got to. I was very mad at him, first thing is that I am not a girl scout, I prefer math, science, and cubing over spending a week in the woods and singing songs. You would not believe how many freakin songs they sing, I thought my head was going explode and don't get me started on the preppy girls I had to share a cabin/tent with. I am a band geek, nerd, science lover, and cuber not a glamorous girl. Nonetheless I hope you are able to come.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I prefer math, science, and cubing over spending a week in the woods and singing songs. You would not believe how many freakin songs they sing, I thought my head was going explode and don't get me started on the preppy girls I had to share a cabin/tent with. I am a band geek, nerd, science lover, and cuber not a glamorous girl.

lol :p

I'll go ahead and ask, but...