• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ultimatecuber0814's Cubing Progression thread l CFOP Method l Goal to get sub20

When do you think I can reach sub 30 with cfop?

• One year

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 3 months

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A few weeks

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 7 months

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

CubeRed

Ok thanks

Oh yeah I want to ask you if I should get a timer and mat. Due to the pandemic, there are no WCA comps in my area but I might attend one in the future. I can get a gift at the end of the year so I'm asking if I should buy a timer and mat or a cube.
Personally I never bought a mat as it is just an accessory and you can just use anything in the house or not at all. A timer would be good to practice for comps. But I didn't buy any of those and I was fine in my competition. If you have a budget cube then a midrange cube ($20~30 usually) that suits your needs (whether stability or speed etc) would be good. I'm actually looking for a more stable 3x3 as well! But just like what @TheEpicCuber said, just buy it if you need it. Remember lube too.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally I never bought a mat as it is just an accessory and you can just use anything in the house or not at all. A timer would be good to practice for comps. But I didn't buy any of those and I was fine in my competition. If you have a budget cube then a midrange cube ($20~30 usually) that suits your needs (whether stability or speed etc) would be good. I'm actually looking for a more stable 3x3 as well! But just like what @TheEpicCuber said, just buy it if you need it. Remember lube too.
Yes. No lube= you have forced your cube to a death sentence.
If you don’t mind shipping, get a WRM 2021, mystic, traxxis 10K, and DMN37 from thecubicle.com.
If you are going for the timer and mat, head to speedcubeshop.com to get yourself a Gen5 timer and a mini mat

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. No lube= you have forced your cube to a death sentence.
If you don’t mind shipping, get a WRM 2021, mystic, traxxis 10K, and DMN37 from thecubicle.com.
If you are going for the timer and mat, head to speedcubeshop.com to get yourself a Gen5 timer and a mini mat
Can't really afford a cube over 30 dollars :(. But think RS3M is pretty good

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the RS3M 2020. I would definitely recommend it if you know how to set up puzzles.
For the RS3M, also get weight 1 and a fast lube, such as Lunar, or DNM. Basically, just use a fast set-up for a slow cube. Lunar on the springs, weight 1 and lunar for the pieces. BTW this is jperms setup and you don’t have to use this setup.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
For the RS3M, also get weight 1 and a fast lube, such as Lunar, or DNM. Basically, just use a fast set-up for a slow cube. Lunar on the springs, weight 1 and lunar for the pieces. BTW this is jperms setup and you don’t have to use this setup.
I took full advantage of the speed and lubed it with lubicle speedy on the pieces and adheron on the core

YouTube
Visit Channel
BTW this is jperms setup
Haha. I know, I watched his video on the RS3M 2020. Really awesome review right there. No wonder it's J Perm.
the RS3M 2020. I would definitely recommend it if you know how to set up puzzles.
I see. Can't wait to get it! I'll buy it at speedcubeshop next week.
I took full advantage of the speed and lubed it with lubicle speedy on the pieces and adheron on the core
Okay, maybe I'll buy some lube and try it out.

Flowkap

And... Change of plans. I'm gonna get a GAN 356 M. I digged out the money in my piggybank and found out that I actually saved a LOT this year. I can buy a GAN. FINALLY!!!
That's my main (also first 3x3) and it's awesome. Got a secondary cube for my work (office breaks) which is a YJ MGC 3 elite and that one's not even close to how cool the GAN is. Wish you a lot of fun with it!

TheRubikCubik

Ok, technically I am NOT a speedcuber, my average is about 40secs. I use the beginner's method. I tried the CFOP method and it turns out I'm not good at it. But... to be honest I really improved a lot, from 2 min to under 1 min. AND I USE THE SAME METHOD. If you practice hard, you can achieve it (MY OPINION) Yeah... My goal is to get 30sec average.
Cool bro. Learn full Oll and pll and you’ll be set :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's my main (also first 3x3) and it's awesome. Got a secondary cube for my work (office breaks) which is a YJ MGC 3 elite and that one's not even close to how cool the GAN is. Wish you a lot of fun with it!
Yes. Thanks! I'll probably buy it around Christmas! Can't wait! :cool:
Cool bro. Learn full Oll and pll and you’ll be set :)
I'll try. So many algorithms to learn! 😓
Enjoy your new cube!
:D Thanks! I think I'll enjoy it.
Lube such as Weight 1, Lunar and Starburst will grant you the speed of light.
I think I'll get Starburst. Thanks for the suggestion though!

YouTube
Visit Channel
I see everybody doing this, so why don't I? Okay a little introduction for you guys. I'm 15 years old. I'm going to be posting in this thread everyday about my cubing progression. I know how to solve the 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and pyraminx currently. ( I do this to increase my messages and reaction score :cool: )My average is 45 secs for 3x3. Feel free to comment and give me tips! Thanks!

Last edited: