• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

U adjustments for PLL

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you align LL to the rest of the cube when doint PLL? Do you just do U turns untill LL is in the right position to execute the PLL and then U turns to solve it after the PLL? Or do you do like me, adjust it with y and U so that when you're done with the last move of the PLL the cube is solved. And what do you think is the fastest, and why?

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Adjust y and U before PLL. Learn from a few angles maybe.
I also make sure that none of my PLL's end in U (like the F); I just AUF before.
(exception: 2-gen Bert)

I've always done this, having decided on it because it's most efficient in handling AUFs (and simultaneous PLL recognition).

WCA
2009LIPA01
I also make sure that none of my PLL's end in U (like the F); I just AUF before.
(exception: 2-gen Bert)(and simultaneous PLL recognition).

Actually, I don't see why you shouldn't end a PLL in U or U' if it doesn't slow you down. For me, the R-perm that goes R' U2 R U2' R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2 U' is just as fast as, if not faster than (AUF and whatever rotations you need) R' U2 R U2' R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2.

I do have that same problem with AUF's before PLL's. For example, if I had a G that was in the correct position for the permutation algorithm but needed a U2 afterwards, instead I'd do U2 y2 and then apply the G-perm. Probably not the smartest thing to do... >_<

magicsquares

I do U and y... But I guess if you're used to doing U then the algorithm then AUF again, that's fine also.