• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type F III Raffle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCubeTime

YouTube
Visit Channel
From May 20 to June 4, all orders over $25.00 (not inluding shipping and handling) will be entered into a raffle for a Type F III Test Version. There will be two winners and the prizes are going to be received before the Type F III even hits the market! For each order you place over $25.00 (not including shipping and handling), a slip with your name will be dropped into the raffling jar. There is no limitation on number of raffle entries you can place. So order up!

The Type F III is a great cube with great speedcubing ability. The speed is fast with a smooth feeling with a touch of crispiness. The cutting is over one cubie and the inner meachanisms prevent pops.

Only available at www.icubemart.com

In-depth video here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the center caps are actually really easy to get off........................................................................................................................*turns off camera in failure* lol

Mnts

WCA
2011SIDA01
This Cube seems like an Alpha cube, sounds like mines A-V doesn't seem very good. I don't think it will be as popular as F-II.

Clayy9

If you place a $50 order, would you get 2 raffle tickets?

www.icubemart.com said:
...and for every $25.00, one entry will be dropped into the raffling jar (for example: if your order amount is USD$50.00, not including shipping and handling, then there will be two entries for you).

Kapusta

WCA
2009MEDE01
I'm a little bit disappointed, I was hoping for something more like the F and FII cubes. The crispy feel and lack of obnoxiously large fillets is going to put this on my list of things to get eventually if I ever get around to it.

Vinny

WCA
2011VECC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm a little bit disappointed, I was hoping for something more like the F and FII cubes. The crispy feel and lack of obnoxiously large fillets is going to put this on my list of things to get eventually if I ever get around to it.

Yeah, same here. For me, crispy cubes seem to pop more, than smooth cubes because there's more friction.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think Sheng En Type F cubes have lost their popularity since the introduction of Dayan cubes. They are manufactured at about 1/5 the cost than Dayan cubes and simply don't last as long.

I would like to try or even stock F-III's in the future.

Good luck with the raffle, it's a very smart marketing strategy!

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
You said that modern cubes have hollow pieces, which is true of all cubes of course (unless it's one of those magnetic cubes or solid metal things). What makes this different to a DaYan is that it has unsealed pieces. DaYans have sealed pieces which make them feel so nice; no pieces grabbing onto each other due to "holes".
DaYan doesn't seem to be competing in the "weight race" like the rest are. I hope they stick to their guns on that point. This new type F is more like an Alpha cube than a DaYan. It's more of a mix between an Alpha and the old Type F, it only resembles a DaYan in the outer appearance. In fact, when you first held it up, I was like "hey, a white GuHong, nice...".

This is the golden age of cubing. So many new cubes :)

Note to self:

Need to get the following cubes: CC, F-III and GP2. Will the collecting fun ever stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.