• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type C Questions.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Guys,
My friends recently got a type C: One GITD, and a transparent pink.

I assembled the GITD (Glow In The Dark), and it turned pretty crappy compared to what I've heard about them. Also, when I lubricated the cube, the silicon residue was on the entire cube. All of the other cubes I've lubed have never done this, not only that, it still turns a bit crappy. The plastic feels cheap too... Are there any fake type Cs?

I don't want the same thing to happen to the transparent pink, so is there a specific way to assemble the type C? Lube it? I would think they're better than I see them as... maybe it's me, maybe it's them....=/

miniGOINGS

Hey Guys,
My friends recently got a type C: One GITD, and a transparent pink.

I assembled the GITD (Glow In The Dark), and it turned pretty crappy compared to what I've heard about them. Also, when I lubricated the cube, the silicon residue was on the entire cube. All of the other cubes I've lubed have never done this, not only that, it still turns a bit crappy. The plastic feels cheap too... Are there any fake type Cs?

I don't want the same thing to happen to the transparent pink, so is there a specific way to assemble the type C? Lube it? I would think they're better than I see them as... maybe it's me, maybe it's them....=/

Well, I thought I had ordered a Type C, but I think it turned out to be a Type B. It turned actually quite horrible (worse than storeboughts) but after lubing it it got pretty good. Not nearly as good as either of my real C's but it's a decent cube.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sounds like Type C.

Yeah, from my experience, with 3 type Cs, (one black, one grey, one green)
The residue is pretty well spread out.
It does feel "cheap" if you're used to other cubes.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the GITD cubes compared to the type A turn smoother, are quieter but slower. and yea the residue appears on them because of the material, it is on your other cubes just not as visible.

my GITD doesnt feel cheap, it feels really heavy as well.

there is no specific way that i know of thats just how Cs are.

now C2s on the other hand are amazing xP

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
@ Minigoings: Yeah I think this might be a type B or something. It doesn't pop, but it's just terrible.

@ cubes: The residue is spread, but it feels cheap. Also, the caps were a hassle to put an and to take off

@ daniel: Yes I've done this enough times to know how to do it right.

daniel0731ex

did you check whether the screw is perpendicular with the axis on the core? type c cores tends to be able to have screws screwed in at any angle.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
did you check whether the screw is perpendicular with the axis on the core? type c cores tends to be able to have screws screwed in at any angle.

Yes, I noticed that when my friend tried to assemble it. He didn't do it correctly. Anywho, I set the tensions a bit looser, so it's better now, but still not like what I've heard. I guess I'll be a Type FII person...

daniel0731ex

btw, the type c's feel depends on the colo of the plastic. there are 5 different kinds of feel:

black
white
colored
glow-in-the dark
transparent

Just put c4y core and hardware and you'll be happy

Sorta. I'm using a CII for this argument. The type CII hardware allows the cube to cuts ridiculous corners (feels like 40 degrees sometimes) but leads to lots of pops. With C4Y hardware, the cube loses a lot of corner cutting ability but decreases the pops by even more. The feel also changes. Before it felt a little slow. Yet you could feel everything the cube was doing. Now it feels faster. But I can't tell when the cube has turned all the way or too much. Pretty weird stuff.

miniGOINGS

Sorta. I'm using a CII for this argument. The type CII hardware allows the cube to cuts ridiculous corners (feels like 40 degrees sometimes) but leads to lots of pops. With C4Y hardware, the cube loses a lot of corner cutting ability but decreases the pops by even more. The feel also changes. Before it felt a little slow. Yet you could feel everything the cube was doing. Now it feels faster. But I can't tell when the cube has turned all the way or too much. Pretty weird stuff.

Mhm. With the C4U hardware it feels more locky, a lot faster, more of a continuous turning motion, and I have never had it pop on me (even when trying my hardest).

CII+C4Y hardware comments

Mhm. With the C4U hardware it feels more locky, a lot faster, more of a continuous turning motion, and I have never had it pop on me (even when trying my hardest).

It feels faster, but it really isn't. I've tested this. It feels more locky and it almost is. I'm not sure about this one. It certainly feels like a continuous turning motion (probably helps that feel of speed). It will still pop if you want it to cut corners (aka really low tension).

I was really disapointed in the Type C I got from popbuying? Any DIY cubes that are sure to be awesome??

F-II

False. The feel is radically different from any other cube so the adjustment time is large. The more I use mine the more I hate it. No cube is sure to be awesome.