• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Truth about HaiYan zhuang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
He abuse me many and mang times. But now in Chinese forum no one trusts him. Because they know he know nothing about what happened and he is Belongs to ShangHai defend group. No one trusts him again.

You liar. At least half of the mf8 members trust him a lot.

I don't know with you, but when people gets abused about something they feel is unfair, they tend to get self defensive(which results in less objective understanding).. I think it's fair (and well-placed) that you outline it, just don't call him a liar, please. ;)

Zarlor

Thanks HaiYan

It was good to read your side of the story. Obviously, you feel you were wronged and there's two things you'd like to see happen.

1. How many round.
2. We need our own delegate.

I think moving forward everyone should focus on the issues at hand and leave the personal issues and the past behind them.

Good luck in your negotiations. Try and keep it friendly.

RopedBBQ

I too side with Haiyan, and with 4chan...

Both people did some actions that should have not been taken, but Haiyan's side of the story is different from what IVE been hearing.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure what to think. Obviously there has been some organizational issues at some of the competitions. I know had his side of the story happened to me, I'd be upset. I don't think announcing it on the microphone is the time or place though. I think had he been on contact on the WCA website to inform them of the (what seems like habitual) issues, it might have been taken care of (instead of insulting people).

On the other hand, if he somehow developed a reputation for "harrassing" people for two rounds of BLD, prior to this investigation, I don't think there's much he could do.

onionhoney

WCA
2008SUNZ01
Alright. I take back what I've said about him.
The fact is that Haiyan IS friendly and quiet most of the time at comps. However,you guys should know that he behaved very aggressively and impolitely at Hangzhou 2010 and Inner Mongolia 2010.

AbelBrata

WCA
2009BRAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haiyan, this news is shocking me...
No matter what, I am still supporting you.
I hope this problem gonna end up nicely for all... and you'll be back on your mission to break your WR. I remember what you said, I am sure you can do it.
Don't stop. God bless you...

KJiptner

WCA
2007JIPT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From an emotional point of view, I can somewhat understand it, (even though I don't consider any agressive behaviour to be appropriate).
As many of you know, the pressure for 3x3 BLD is usually quite high. There is a high level of possible frustration involved. You've practiced hundreds of attempts at home and then it all comes down to two or three attempts in a competition. If you DNF...last place, goodbye. This is very much unlike the speed-events. If you are world-class there and screw up you might still at least win the competition. Three attempts (and it used to be two), is not very much, especially if you know you are faster than most people are on 4x4 (5 attempts, often two rounds).
I know quite a few people have seen me raging after 3x3 BLD (that kind of aggression is directed towards myself, though). It is an event that is simply vulnerable to frustration and negative feelings.

Last edited:

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's probably best that we let the WCA continue their analysis of the IAC's findings in this situation and not continue to speculate without adequate information. Conjecture and hearsay are not helpful right now. "Taking sides" without knowing enough is silly.

AbelBrata

WCA
2009BRAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's probably best that we let the WCA continue their analysis of the IAC's findings in this situation and not continue to speculate without adequate information. Conjecture and hearsay are not helpful right now. "Taking sides" without knowing enough is silly.

Yeah... I hope the result is a happy ending for everyone:)

Cubenovice

Forever Slow

This

And a message to HaiYan;
I understand you feel "wronged" but argueing in public forums will not help your case. There are always to sides to a story and the general public will never be able to get the absolute truth from all these discussions.

I suggest to just accept whatever disciplinary measure is taken, (even if you feel it is unfair) and then move forward and let your competition results do the talking.

Good luck with you future cubing!

keemy

WCA
2006CORR01
@Haiyan
cool-story-bro.jpg

In all seriousness though I really dislike how little info the WCA and this new IAC committee are willing to give us so understand people wanting to trust haiyan as he is giving us the only statements so far (however truthful they may or may not be). anyway here is to hoping the WCA will be more transparent in the future (or for 2011 reg dropping BLD as an event since it apparently fosters poor sportsmangship).

Status
Not open for further replies.