• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Transitioning from beginner to intermediate Square-1

Geneva

WCA
2016DANI14
Hey there,

I know beginners method for Square-1 which is a washed down Vandenbergh (sub 1:01). I already started learning scallop-kite which has helped me.
I would like to start getting my times down and was wondering where do I start? Are there any resources you used after beginners method? Also, are there any specific algorithms you started drilling after beginners?

I find that Square-1 resources are scattered around the internet and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where they started to really drill in more algs/etc
Also, is getting better at squan just a matter of memorizing and drilling algs?

Thanks

SuperDuperSir

cube master has a bunch of great resources for sq1
i got all the way to sub 20 in a few months with just his content
and in terms of algs it's mostly drilling co,eo and cp because they have so few, so getting recog and execution down is pretty easy
cs and ep are the hardest parts of the solve, so working on those are essential

Geneva

WCA
2016DANI14
cube master has a bunch of great resources for sq1
i got all the way to sub 20 in a few months with just his content
and in terms of algs it's mostly drilling co,eo and cp because they have so few, so getting recog and execution down is pretty easy
cs and ep are the hardest parts of the solve, so working on those are essential
Yeah, I've been looking into his resources a whole lot now. Thanks for the suggestions! I've only known one alg from each step: EO, CP, and EP.
But now I've gotten down CP, learning EO rn, and drilling some basic EP algs to add on.
Thanks Obama! kekw