• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tracking vs. Predicting 1st F2L Pair

jdh3000

Are you tracking or predicting your first f2l pair?

I know predicting is said to be the best method because one can focus on the 2nd pair, but it's extremely difficult for me to predict and make sure I end up with a corne and edge in the top layer. I find tracking much easier.

Is there anyone tracking instead of preding and still making good times?

Thanks!

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01

I know predicting is said to be the best method because one can focus on the 2nd pair, but it's extremely difficult for me to predict and make sure I end up with a corne and edge in the top layer. I find tracking much easier.

Thanks!
Tracking works completely fine, as you can look at 2nd pair as soon as you see the F2L case for 1st pair, but predicting is better because:
It gives consistent solves
No thinking until 2nd pair

When predicting, look for a corner that goes to the top layer, then track the corner's white sticker, then one of the edge's stickers to determine if it is oriented or not. If no corner goes to the top, just track one of them in the same way.

Cuber2s

Thanks!
I sometimes track, sometimes predict. If you solve a lot, you start predicting without realizing