• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TPS

Uhhh, hii. I am a CFOP solver with about a 13.5-ish average, and I tried looking back at solutions and found out that my average number of moves per solve is around 60, give or take 2. I can do a cross in about 2 seconds, F2L in about 5-6 seconds, and the rest of the time for OLL PLL. Any suggestions for training I can do to increase my overall TPS?

Ohh yeah. my average TPS now is about 4.2-4.8 turns per second, not accounting for cube rotations. I'd really appreciate tips!

Also my cube is a Gan 356 air w/o magnets, and I use the Gan "magic lube" (i think that's what's written)

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
Don't worry about TPS right now—instead, focus on improving your efficiency and having fewer pauses in your solves. CFOP is an inefficient method by nature, at least compared to something like Roux, but ~60 moves per solve isn't great.
Would you mind making a couple solve reconstructions and sending them here so we can take a look at them?

Don't worry about TPS right now—instead, focus on improving your efficiency and having fewer pauses in your solves. CFOP is an inefficient method by nature, at least compared to something like Roux, but ~60 moves per solve isn't great.
Would you mind making a couple solve reconstructions and sending them here so we can take a look at them?
Solve reconstructions? (hahaha sorry idkk)

Like a video of my actual solves?

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
Solve reconstructions? (hahaha sorry idkk)
A video would be better if you can do it. A reconstruction is just all your moves and steps laid out for a solve, such as this:
U2 F L2 U2 R2 F L2 F2 L' D' B2 R D2 R' B' U' L' B'

x' y' // inspection
U' R F R' (U' D) // extended cross
L' U2 L2 U' L' // 2nd / 3rd pairs
U R' U2 R U R' U' R // 4th pair
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' // OLL
R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 U // PLL

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Perhaps, but more useful to us would be to do a few solves, recorded or not, and to redo them, and then write the solution here. For example, a 2x2 scramble:
2x2 scramble, 4.62: F R2 F' R F' R U' R2 U'

Solution:
x y’ //orientation
U R’ U2 R’ U’ R U’ R2 //layer
U F R’ F’ R U2 R U’ R’ U R U2 R’

EDIT: ninja’d lol

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
Perhaps, but more useful to us would be to do a few solves, recorded or not, and to redo them, and then write the solution here. For example, a 2x2 scramble:
2x2 scramble, 4.62: F R2 F' R F' R U' R2 U'

Solution:
x y’ //orientation
U R’ U2 R’ U’ R U’ R2 //layer
U F R’ F’ R U2 R U’ R’ U R U2 R’

EDIT: ninja’d lol
I would argue that a video is more useful. You can get a reconstruction from it, and a video tells us more about how they actually solve that you can't get from a reconstruction (such as pauses).
A video with reconstructions provided is superior to both, of course :)