• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Top Non-WCA Puzzles? (Most fun & Good hardware)--(anybody's opinion)

SomeKid2369

I don't really have any non-wca puzzles. I have a mirror cube and a rubik's junior, that's it. I want to get some more non-wca puzzles. I would like to get a pentacle cube or a redi cube. I would also like a kilominx or master pyraminx. I just kind of wanted to hear what people's favorite non-wca puzzles are, or some underrated puzzles, or just anything someone thinks of that could be on this forum. It would also be cool if you say why it's a fun puzzle.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I don't really have any non-wca puzzles. I have a mirror cube and a rubik's junior, that's it. I want to get some more non-wca puzzles. I would like to get a pentacle cube or a redi cube. I would also like a kilominx or master pyraminx. I just kind of wanted to hear what people's favorite non-wca puzzles are, or some underrated puzzles, or just anything someone thinks of that could be on this forum. It would also be cool if you say why it's a fun puzzle.
don't get the pentacle cube. I have one and it is very boring as the steps are repeated. not challenging at all.

WCA
2023FUKU01
top 5 potential WCA events
this vid may help you.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Face-turning octahedron (FTO)

if you can solve a 3x3, you can solve most popular non wca puzzles: redi, kilo, fisher, shape mods, the smaller cuboids, etc.. However, I have been unable to solve this one. I've got what I would consider a fair understanding of commutators and conjugates, I've solved the previously mentioned non wca puzzles, megaminx, 5x5+, pyra, and skewb without assistance, but those are all pretty simple. Aside from skewb and kinda pyra, they all solve in a pretty similar fashion. I find that FTO is different because it it has four faces converging on one corner, but those faces only turn three times so there really aren't any "hiding spots" that you can put pieces that you want to protect it.

I have the LanLan model, and most of the reviews talk about how bad it is, but I haven't found anything that one wouldn't expect from a non-wca puzzle produced from LanLan. The turning is fine, puzzle assembly might be a little bit tricky, corner cutting is why would you need corner cutting, and lock-ups are eh.
Great puzzle, it's nice to be challenged after a couple years of just solving 3x3.

Aprzn123

Personally, I really like the gear ball. I think it's just because of the lookahead.

FenTheGoat

YouTube
Visit Channel
From what I’ve heard, the FTO, ivy cube, and mirror blocks are fun!