• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Too soon to change F2L?

gn17

Hi. I've been into cubing for a couple of months now and average at about 1:30. I've been basically using Jasmine's method except with a couple of different PLL edges algorithms and the cross at the bottom.

I've been looking at learning intuitive F2L and picking that up, but do you think it's too soon with my slow time? I think my biggest obstacle right now would be looking ahead as I do the algorithms. I have no problem doing the algorithms without thinking about them, but I haven't gotten the hang of looking ahead as I do them.

MasterofRubix

Hi! First of all, welcome to the forum!

I did the exact same thing as you when I first started... jasmines, cross on bottom, different PLL algs...

I personally don't think that its too soon to start practicing intuitive F2L. I started when my average was around 2 min. and the upgrade was what really brought my times down. For your looking ahead problem, I don't think its be something you should practice at the moment. Practice your F2L and slowly you'll get used to looking ahead every time you solve. I only started practicing looking ahead after I've mastered F2L, OLL and PLL, and by then my times were already sub-30.

Good luck with your solving!