• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tips for specialization

KingCanyon

WCA
2015KIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I have been cubing for quite a while and am decent at some events, but want to get faster at a few. I was thinking about specializing in about 3 events and trying to improve from there, so I actually have a shot at becoming much faster. I still want to solve other events, though. What tips do you all have about focused practiced or specialization in general? Should I practice my specialized events everyday, and how often should I practice events that I like, but not as much as others. Just wondered if anyone had advice who had done this before. Thanks!

Fredrick

Try and do a ao5 or ao12 everyday to just see your improvement rate. Also research always into better algs for the events. Try to record some solves to just give yourself an idea of what you’re doing.

Hazel

Premium Member
Just do what you enjoy. I personally do 99% 3x3, because that's what I get the most enjoyment out of.
(Once the Cubicle's clock comes out that might change though :p)
If you enjoy doing just 1-3 events and getting really good at those, do that. If you want to practice every event at once, do that instead.