• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

This... Is... WEB

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing since this summer when I saw Dan Brown's video, realized my off-brand cube wasn't good enough (it had missing stickers :p), went to Wal-Mart, got a Rubik's Cube, and learned how to solve it, all it one night.

I started with doing 3 minute solves, and then my times kept dropping with practice. I guess I average about a minute and a half, but I'm never timing during my best solves (when I'm at school solving pretty fast and I'm pumped up knowing several others are watching in disbelief).

I started F2L weeks ago, but didn't do much with it and wasn't good. After getting a new cube (accident with other one...), I decided I wanted to go ahead and learn Fridrich. Right now I'm just doing 2-look OLL's and PLL's, but I plan on doing full Fridrich soon. I don't have any goals set though, because other than school, cubing isn't all I do... I want a camera so I can make real YouTube videos (My account is ThisIsWEB), and I have A LOT OF PLANS...

This is taking awhile to type, because I just spit my thoughts, ideas, and ponderings out there... so before I lose your interest, here's some stuff:

-My F2L is crappy. Knowing all the 2-Look Alg's fully would only get me about a minute avg. because I'm not so good yet
-I browsed this forum a little bit before joining. I lurk a lot...
-I can see my house from here, because I'm in it.
-I'm a PC, and I turn #2 into energy.
-Moving On To Browsing and Posting Throughout The Forum, Shall We?

~WEB~

Last edited:

Cronus616

WCA
2008DEBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
one thing you might want to do is start graphing your times now
just start writing down what times your averaging every month
(try to guess past times)
so in maybe a year or so you can graph it all and be amazed

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks.

I don't remember my earliest solves, but I remember getting a 2:32 recording on the 4th or 5th of July (before lubing). Cubing every now and then, lubrication, and a little bit of practice led to me being able to cut that in half.

I'll be documenting any cubing sessions (a notable solves whenever I feel like it) at home once I learn my 2-Look's, or happen to have a solve with one's I currently know.

Thanks for posting, both of you.

Edit: I did a solve about an hour ago of Fridrich on CubeTimer.com, I knew the OLL (2-look) and the PLL (no 2-look), and got 1:05.18. With practice, I know I'll be killing that time.

So happy for Thanksgiving Break starting, and already waiting for Christmas Break.

Edit2 (30 min. after prev. edit): Did a 1:01.34 Fridrich solve. Got very lucky with the cross. Still 2-look OLL and full PLL (luckily it was a part of 2-look PLL. Yeah... :)

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use finger tricks. It's 2-look, not Full Fridrich, I don't fully know all of the 2-look algs yet, and my F2L sucks (it takes more than half of my solve).

I'm working on improving it all.

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm still using the beginners method (well, with 2 look pll) and I've reached 1 minute
so with fridrich you can easily get 30 seconds or lower in a few weeks/a month

Last edited:

MistArts

I'm still using the beginners method (well, with 2 look pll) and I've reached 1 minute
so with friedrich you can easily get 30 seconds or lower in a few weeks/a month

Fried rich..xD

Actually, it'll take a few months with small practice. Depending on how much you practice, you can get sub-20 in 3 months. Other methods have the potential to do this as well.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just go 52 seconds, OLL skip. My Fridrich is still bad; although it was fast-paced during the solve, knowing more algorithms would've gotten me through certain cases much easier.

I'm gonna keep learning Friedrich, because I heard it tastes good ;)

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just go 52 seconds, OLL skip. My Fridrich is still bad; although it was fast-paced during the solve, knowing more algorithms would've gotten me through certain cases much easier.

I heard that Fried Rich tastes bad pretty quick, and also that I averaged about 40 with LBL before I learned a speed method. After that I would have quit until I tasted me some Petrus, that stuff is delicious.

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well you don't have to learn full Fridrich yet. With what you are doing now you are set to go to sub-25 second average. Just keep practicing and take note of this, speed will not come instantly. It comes slowly. I didn't reach sub-20 in just 1 month, it took me 9 months.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I heard that Fried Rich tastes bad pretty quick, and also that I averaged about 40 with LBL before I learned a speed method. After that I would have quit until I tasted me some Petrus, that stuff is delicious.

It's a little too spicy for my taste, I'll stick with Fridrich until my tounge might adapt.