• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[TheNextFeliks] 3x3 Method Showcase Series

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Description said:
I will be having a new series soon for a method showcase. Stuff about CFOP, Petrus, ZZ and Roux. They will have overviews, example solves, pros and cons, etc. Should be released next week. Subscribe to get updated when the videos come out.

Do you want to see other methods, such as Triangular Fransisico, L2L4/k, Columns First?

So I will be making this series and starting it on Monday. Probably going CFOP, ZZ, Petrus, Roux. If you want any methods, feel free to suggest one. I hope this will be a good series.

Last edited by a moderator:

mDiPalma

PCMS and Heise are must-dos.

Nice series idea btw! Will definitely watch every video!

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
PCMS and Heise are must-dos.

Nice series idea btw! Will definitely watch every video!

Thanks. How could I forget Heise? I love especially for FMC. Now I'm worried because people seem interested.

Can I mention you as a Petrus user since you are pretty fast with it? You and Erik Johnson are the only ones I can think of.

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can find more information on esoteric methods on the wiki, like here: http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Category:3x3x3_speedsolving_methods

Here's a good list:
(taken from Kirjava's video):

FreeFOP / CFCE / Petrus / Corners First / Columns First / Snyder / Waterman / 8355 / ZB / ZZ (pseudo) / LBL (EOCOCPEP) / CFOP / Tripod / Salvia / Triangular Francisco / Ring Method / Heise / Human Thistlethwaite / Human Kociemba/Redux / Roux

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Episode 1: Roux!

Description said:
Sorry for the delay. Lost the scramble so maybe someone can reconstruct?

How did you like the video? Any tips, ideas for next one? Next one should be ZZ.

Subscribe to be notified of new ones.

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Episode 2: ZZ!

Description said:
Episode 2. You guys still liking the series? Sorry I am so far behind.

Scramble: R' U' L2 F L' D' F' U2 R B' R D2 F2 R2 L F2 L U2 B2 D2 L2

Don't forget to subscribe to be notified of new videos!

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you're the perfect person to do this because as far as I know you have used all of the big three methods as your main method at some point :)

Thanks. Yeah. I haven't used a lot of petrus but I do occasionally. Speaking of which, I should post the Petrus one on here. I think I might do a "n Methods, 1 Scramble" miniseries for other methods (not sure how many). I don't know about doing all these videos. But if people want them, I'll do them.

IQubic

WCA
2014CASP01
Thanks. Yeah. I haven't used a lot of petrus but I do occasionally. Speaking of which, I should post the Petrus one on here. I think I might do a "n Methods, 1 Scramble" miniseries for other methods (not sure how many). I don't know about doing all these videos. But if people want them, I'll do them.

I think it would be cooler if you asked some fast-ish cubers, who all use different methods to make a walkthrough solve. Then string them together similar to the way that Cubing World did 12 cubers, 1 Scramble.

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would be cooler if you asked some fast-ish cubers, who all use different methods to make a walkthrough solve. Then string them together similar to the way that Cubing World did 12 cubers, 1 Scramble.

Yeah. That video had different methods though. Plus, there are obviously CFOP, ZZ, and Roux users but ones for other methods are scarce. I could probably do fine myself. I know a lot of methods. I guess I could do a collaboration of me and some other cubers. I don't know. It's just not that easy I guess. I'll think about it.