• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Garf's Progression Thread - Speedrunning MC/TWHG - Road to World Class Mega

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, now I get it. You were saying "Valk 3" to me, not TheEpicCuber.

The Valk 3m was never a budget cube. Qiyi was trying to make the best of the best for one of the fastest cubers. It wasn't something they tried to cut corners on and make a quick buck. 3x3's are way different than big cubes. You can use most 3x3's since the Valk and still get the same times, the same isn't true for bigger cubes where hardware has improved dramatically since 2019.

(If you want to reply to more than one message just press "Quote".
This is why I need to get sponsored by Yuxin. To get them to make the Tindal 4

GodCubing

Oh, now I get it. You were saying "Valk 3" to me, not TheEpicCuber.

The Valk 3m was never a budget cube. Qiyi was trying to make the best of the best for one of the fastest cubers. It wasn't something they tried to cut corners on and make a quick buck. 3x3's are way different than big cubes. You can use most 3x3's since the Valk and still get the same times, the same isn't true for bigger cubes where hardware has improved dramatically since 2019.

(If you want to reply to more than one message just press "Quote".
Fair point

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so I have a plan to be able to solve 4x4 OLL in 1-2 steps:
1. Recognize the case (parity or non)
2 Step 1: Solve Oll, or do set-up case Step Two (if there is parity) solve parity, (then undo setup, if done.

Basically, I will need to be able to recognize 172 cases for Oll on 4x4. Here's how I worked it out:
I know some cross oll parity cases for 4x4 already. For L shapes and Line shapes, there are 3 possible edges that can flip before the L/Line case becomes a cross case; and 4 different cases for each dot oll case before it becomes a cross case. So (30*3) + (12*3) + (7*2) + (8*4) is equal to 172. Of course many cases will end up having the same case, so the number will go down. Maybe I just have to learn half of what I said if half, or a quarter, or whatever; is oll, and the rest is oll parity cases

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so I have a plan to be able to solve 4x4 OLL in 1-2 steps:
1. Recognize the case (parity or non)
2 Step 1: Solve Oll, or do set-up case Step Two (if there is parity) solve parity, (then undo setup, if done.

Basically, I will need to be able to recognize 172 cases for Oll on 4x4. Here's how I worked it out:
I know some cross oll parity cases for 4x4 already. For L shapes and Line shapes, there are 3 possible edges that can flip before the L/Line case becomes a cross case; and 4 different cases for each dot oll case before it becomes a cross case. So (30*3) + (12*3) + (7*2) + (8*4) is equal to 172. Of course many cases will end up having the same case, so the number will go down. Maybe I just have to learn half of what I said if half, or a quarter, or whatever; is oll, and the rest is oll parity cases
Actually, is it more important to be sufficient in 3-2-3 edge paring, or should I keep Oll parity optimization as a major goal?