• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Garf's Progression Thread - Speedrunning MC/TWHG - Road to World Class Mega

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
Alright, many people say that the Yuxin Little Magic is horrible, and trash, and very slow… but today, I am creating this progression thread to break the world record… with a puzzle that may be a bit slow, but with what I believe has a big chance
(Maybe I am over-exaggerating, but whatever)
is this a serious post???

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Tony Fisher So this "road" hasn't actually been built yet? Maybe "road candidate" (like vaccine candidate) would be better?
Yeah. Or progression thread for getting the world record on a Yuxin Little Magic 4x4 M. Any tips on how I can get that fast on a budget puzzle, like modding or whatnot?

My goal is not to have good efficiency, but to have Max-Park level look-ahead and manage good ergonomics
Actually, I want to be efficient, but I can still use Yau and be efficient, not only in turning but rotations.

Last edited:

GodCubing

Yeah. Or progression thread for getting the world record on a Yuxin Little Magic 4x4 M. Any tips on how I can get that fast on a budget puzzle, like modding or whatnot?

Actually, I want to be efficient, but I can still use Yau and be efficient, not only in turning but rotations.
1. Become Colin Burns and get WR on yuxin budget puzzle
2. Yau is not as efficient in moves or rotations, but do what make you happy

In 5 years the records are going to be so much lower set with cubes with much better hardware than now and you'll still be using a basic budget cube from 2019 that most people don't think is good. It will just get harder as records get faster.

Valk 3?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. Become Colin Burns and get WR on yuxin budget puzzle
2. Yau is not as efficient in moves or rotations, but do what make you happy

In 5 years the records are going to be so much lower set with cubes with much better hardware than now and you'll still be using a basic budget cube from 2019 that most people don't think is good. It will just get harder as records get faster.

Valk 3?
Sure. Why not be Collin burns?
Also, what’s up with the valk?

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11

... Did you just... copy me word for word? Quality post I tell you

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I couldn't figure out how to reply twice in one message
Oh, now I get it. You were saying "Valk 3" to me, not TheEpicCuber.

The Valk 3m was never a budget cube. Qiyi was trying to make the best of the best for one of the fastest cubers. It wasn't something they tried to cut corners on and make a quick buck. 3x3's are way different than big cubes. You can use most 3x3's since the Valk and still get the same times, the same isn't true for bigger cubes where hardware has improved dramatically since 2019.

(If you want to reply to more than one message just press "Quote".

Reactions: qwr