• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DuckubingCuber347's POGression thread. | Progression threads should be banned || It is finished

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
You would want to learn the recog though. It will help you later when you learn S/AS ZBLL(which imo are worth learning since the algs are kinda shorter compared to the average TUL afaik).
That is true and the algs are pretty good for S/aS but I will definitely be putting them off for last. It would be worth learning the extra COLL algs for two other reason too, more alg knowledge, and more bragging rights.

WCA
2022MCCO11
Full-step OH PB single.

1639510484968.png

CFOP:
z2 // Inspection
U' R' U2 z x' F2 U' L2 R' F2 R // xcross [9/9]
U' R' U' R // P2 [4/13]
y' L' U L U2 L' U L // P3 [7/20]
y L' U L // P4 [3/23]
R U R' U R U' R' U' R' x U R U' x' // OLL [12/35]
R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 U' // PLL [12/47]
47 STM

47STM ÷ 19.22 = 2.44 STPS
53ETM ÷ 19.22 = 2.75 ETPS

The LL had pretty slow TPS considering I got my highest TPS PLL and a very good OLL but I'm pretty happy about the result regardless considering it was full-step and had an amazing F2L that I didn't butcher.

Edit: Previous PB was a 19.71 with a PLL skip

Last edited:
WCA
2022MCCO11
Well, I've been slacking with my EOpairs so I don't think I can learn it by the end of the year. I still only know the EOpair (solved) cases. Reasons: Spending to much time on forums / procrastinating / Spending a lot of time hiking and folding origami / lazy / busy.

On the positive side I'm approaching sub-15 with CFOP which has always been my goal in cubing. I've been working a lot on efficiency in my F2L and cross and I changed my turning style to something more relaxing and I've become better at more advanced fingertricks. I'm hoping to get the The Valk The Valk 3m, the Dayan Zhanchi Pro m (green), and the XMD CH Tornado v2m so maybe I'll get a new main but I think the Qiyi MS will always be my favorite 3x3 of all time.

1640187389721.png
1640187407643.png

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
Well, I've been slacking with my EOpairs so I don't think I can learn it by the end of the year. I still only know the EOpair (solved) cases. Reasons: spending to much time on the forums / procrsinating / Spending a lot of time hiking and folding origami / lazy / busy.

On the positive side I'm approaching sub-15 with CFOP which has always been my goal in cubing. I've been working a lot on efficiency in my F2L and cross and I changed my turning style to something more relaxing and I've become better at more advanced fingertricks. I'm hoping to get the The Valk The Valk 3m, the Dayan Zhanchi Pro m (green), and the XMD CH Tornado v2m so maybe I'll get a new main but I think the Qiyi MS will always be my favorite 3x3 of all time.

View attachment 18149
View attachment 18150
I got those same problems.

WCA
2022MCCO11
Thread topic change and new signature for the new year.

2021 Reflection:
I went from averaging just under 30 seconds at the start of the year with LBL to 15 flat, and can almost call myself sub-15, but I won't because I'm ditching CFOP to use an awesome method called Petrus-APB (or just APB)! I managed to learn full OLL, PLL, NCLL (almost switched to Nautilus L5E), COLL, PBL, F2L, EOpair (solved), Sarah's Intermediate, and I'm hoping to learn a lot more this year including,

full EOpair (dBR), full LXS (dfR) (formally L3P), EO Tripod, TUL ZBLL, good WV algs, Sarah's Advanced, Full L4E, Megaminx 4LLL, Square-1 stuff (maybe not full EP but at least some of it), CLL and EG-1.

I will also try out some more 4x4 methods like Triforce, K4, Meyer, MI4, and OBLBL

My full list of goals can be found right here.

I've gotten a lot of help on the forums and without them I'd still be using CFOP and only know about the big-4. I've discovered a ton of cool methods, algs, and subsets. A bunch of tips, software's, and friends. On top of that I assisted in the rise of the Duck Revolution and found out I was one of the four. I'm hoping to learn a lot more this year and becoming a more knowledgeable cuber on top of becoming at least sub-15 with Petrus-APB but hopefully beyond. My entire cubing journey will from here on until it is accomplished is to prove Fahmi Aulia Rachman as incorrect.

Last edited:
WCA
2022MCCO11
I received numerous things yesterday as gifts from relatives and I am very pleased.

Puzzles:
CH XMD Tornado v2 m
Dayan Zhanchi Pro m (green)
YJ MGC Square-1

Others:
TC mat (Dark mode)
Angstrom Mini mat
TC Platypus logo (goes to a good cause too!)

I'll briefly go over my thoughts on these things and will hopefully make a review on the CH XMD and Zhanchi Pro in the future.

Others: The Platypus logo looks great on my Qiyi MS and is very visually appealing. It's extremely high quality and gives the cube a nice personal touch.
The Mats are gorgeous and are of a much higher quality then the drab Speedstacks mats. I put the Dark mode mat (It's fairly large) over my desk and put the Angstrom mini mat over it. The Dark mode mat isn't very cushioned especially when comparing it to the awesome Angstrom mat but it does look nice as a sort of cloth to up the comfort of your solving. It's makes it feel more relaxing.

Cubes:

YJ MGC Square-1: I have not done any speedsolves on this yet so I will not say much but out of the box it is way to fast and loose. Still and instant main and leagues better than the YLM. I'm a little disappointed by the matte finish and the small size (YLM is to big and this is to small) but I can put up with it.

The Dayan Zhanchi Pro m (green) Is a nice, fast cube similar to the Tengy v2 (There is still a noticeable difference). The green pieces look absolutely stunning, and the silicone inserts offer better grip than I would have thought possible. I haven't broken it in yet or gotten used to the color of the cube to get my usual results on it as recognition is currently not great on it but if I can improve that I may main it, if not for 2H than perhaps OH. I won't go to in depth on it, but I would like to point out that it is pretty large, I believe it is actually 57mm since it appears to be large than the MS which measures at approximately 56.5mm.

The color is more of a minty green similar to what kitchen counters were in times past. The white also appears to be almost pink in lower lighting which is pretty cool.

CH XMD Tornado V2 m: This is an insanely good 3x3 out of the box and I did not experience any of the alleged corner cutting problems that it is known for making me think it's mostly just people set on thinking this because "that's what Jperm and CubeHead say". Of course, this is the CH version which is (drastically I would say, but I've never tried a standard TRND v2) better but not enough that the problem would completely cease. That's not to say it isn't perfect, it still is not quite as good as other flagships (and since 2020 most budgets) 3x3's but it does not affect performance at all. Methinks that the way the cube is built sacrifices corner cutting for a very soft, extremely quite cube.

I was expecting the smaller size to be a problem, but the cube is built in such a way that the smaller size is actually very nice and compliments it's turning phenomenally.

The Tornado is currently my new main. It's just that good, that I would use this over my beloved MS. The MS is still my favorite cube and will always have special place in my life but I get better results on the TRND, I still enjoy the feel of it, and it's less bothersome to others.

Last edited:

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
I received numerous things yesterday as gifts from relatives and I am very pleased.

Puzzles:
CH XMD Tornado v2 m
YJ MGC Square-1

Others:
TC mat (Dark mode)
Angstrom Mini mat

I'll briefly go over my thoughts on these things and will hopefully make a review on the CH XMD and Zhanchi Pro in the future.

Others: The Platypus logo looks great on my Qiyi MS and is very visually appealing. It's extremely high quality and gives the cube a nice personal touch.
The Mats are gorgeous and are of a much higher quality then the drab Speedstacks mats. I put the Dark mode mat (It's fairly large) over my desk and put the Angstrom mini mat over it. The Dark mode mat isn't very cushioned especially when comparing it to the awesome Angstrom mat but it does look nice as a sort of cloth to up the comfort of your solving. It's makes it feel more relaxing.

Cubes:

YJ MGC Square-1: I have not done any speedsolves on this yet so I will not say much but out of the box it is way to fast and loose. Still and instant main and leagues better than the YLM. I'm a little disappointed by the matte finish and the small size (YLM is to big and this is to small) but I can put up with it.

The Dayan Zhanchi Pro m (green) Is a nice, fast cube similar to the Tengy v2 (There is still a noticeable difference). The green pieces look absolutely stunning, and the silicone inserts offer better grip than I would have thought possible. I haven't broken it in yet or gotten used to the color of the cube to get my usual results on it as recognition is currently not great on it but if I can improve that I may main it, if not for 2H than perhaps OH. I won't go to in depth on it, but I would like to point out that it is pretty large, I believe it is actually 57mm since it appears to be large than the MS which measures at approximately 56.5mm.

The color is more of a minty green similar to what kitchen counters were in times past. The white also appears to be almost pink in lower lighting which is pretty cool.

CH XMD Tornado V2 m: This is an insanely good 3x3 out of the box and I did not experience any of the alleged corner cutting problems that it is known for making me think it's mostly just people set on thinking this because "that's what Jperm and CubeHead say". Of course, this is the CH version which is (drastically I would say, but I've never tried a standard TRND v2) better but not enough that the problem would completely cease. That's not to say it isn't perfect, it still is not quite as good as other flagships (and since 2020 most budgets) 3x3's but it does not affect performance at all. Methinks that the way the cube is built sacrifices corner cutting for a very soft, extremely quite cube.

I was expecting the smaller size to be a problem, but the cube is built in such a way that the smaller size is actually very nice and compliments it's turning phenomenally.

The Tornado is currently my new main. It's just that good, that I would this over my beloved MS. The MS is still my favorite cube and will always have special place in my life but I get better results on the TRND, I still enjoy the feel of it, and it's less bothersome to others.
So twas' just a long post.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Puzzles:
CH XMD Tornado v2 m
YJ MGC Square-1

Others:
TC mat (Dark mode)
Angstrom Mini mat

Cubes:

The Tornado is currently my new main. It's just that good, that I would use this over my beloved MS. The MS is still my favorite cube and will always have special place in my life but I get better results on the TRND, I still enjoy the feel of it, and it's less bothersome to others.
No... I switched from the Tornado because I just couldn't get the speed I like after I got the RS3M 2021.
Also, the corner cutting is just really hard to fix.

WCA
2022MCCO11
Well, this is a bit awkward. I'm back to maining my beloved MS after a short stint with the CH Tornado. I still use the CH Tornado as an OH main but no longer 2H. I'll also still use it around others due to its quietness and it's a nice cube for learning algs. Do you guys prefer certain cubes when learning algorithms or is it just me?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, this is a bit awkward. I'm back to maining my beloved MS after a short stint with the CH Tornado. I still use the CH Tornado as an OH main but no longer 2H. I'll also still use it around others due to its quietness and it's a nice cube for learning algs. Do you guys prefer certain cubes when learning algorithms or is it just me?
Is it because of the platypus logo?

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love using the Tornado for learning algs and just slow turning. You are not the only one

WCA
2022MCCO11
Can we resurrect Kilominx? It's such a fun puzzle. I personally don't have one but I'm using a Qiyi QiCheng with the edge and center stickers peeled off until I get one. I got into yesterday and I'm approaching sub-50 already. I'm going to be optimizing my LL which is the big thing holding me back. @cuberswoop, @CubableYT, and I are going to be racing too sub-20. We've been discussing it a lot on the Speedsolving.com Chat and we managed to get a hold of a Kilominx LL doc that we're editing to be more optimal.

WCA
2022MCCO11
Got a PB while doing some FreeFOP solves! 8.30 with a PLL skip (so it would technically be FreeFALL).

R2 U' F2 R2 U B2 D2 R D2 R D' L' D2 B' D2 F D' B2 D' B'

FreeFALL:
y' // Inspection
R2' U' r U x' y U' U' x U R2' U' x' R' U R U' M' U M y U U R U R' U2' R U R' // F2L-1 [25/25]
U R' U' R U R' U' R // LS [8/33]
U R U R' U' R' F R F' // OLL [9/42]

42STM / 8.3sec =5.06TPS

[view at CubeDB.net]( https://cubedb.net/?puzzle=3&title=...LS_[8/33] U_R_U_R-_U-_R-_F_R_F-_//_OLL_[9/42] )

Luckily, I accidently had my camera running so I got it on cam:

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
Got a PB while doing some FreeFOP solves! 8.30 with a PLL skip (so it would technically be FreeFALL).

R2 U' F2 R2 U B2 D2 R D2 R D' L' D2 B' D2 F D' B2 D' B'

FreeFALL:
y' // Inspection
R2' U' r U x' y U' U' x U R2' U' x' R' U R U' M' U M y U U R U R' U2' R U R' // F2L-1 [25/25]
U R' U' R U R' U' R // LS [8/33]
U R U R' U' R' F R F' // OLL [9/42]

42STM / 8.3sec =5.06TPS

[view at CubeDB.net]( https://cubedb.net/?puzzle=3&title=TheCubingCuber347_8.30_PB_single&scramble=R2_U-_F2_R2_U_B2_D2_R_D2_R_D-_L-_D2_B-_D2_F_D-_B2_D-_B-&time=8.30&alg=y-_//_Inspection R2-_U-_r_U_x-_y_U-_U-_x_U_R2-_U-_x-_R-_U_R_U-_M-_U_M_y_U_U_R_U_R-_U2-_R_U_R-_//_F2L%2D1_[25/25] U_R-_U-_R_U_R-_U-_R_//_LS_[8/33] U_R_U_R-_U-_R-_F_R_F-_//_OLL_[9/42] )

Luckily, I accidently had my camera running so I got it on cam:
That's awesome! Such a cool way to get a PB