• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DuckubingCuber347's POGression thread. | Progression threads should be banned || It is finished

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
As long as you are not trying to be very fast that is fine, but with a lesser known method, limits have not been set in place. Only now, after years of CFOP being the main method for thousands, are we starting to see where the limits are. The problem with a method like that is there could be a 7-8 second limit(which is fast, but not in comparison to the big 3), and you will have spent hours and hours of your life trying to get there.
The thing is, I'm not trying to get there. My goal is simply sub-15 if I never reach sub-10 then I'm perfectly fine with it.
If you are having fun, I'm not gonna try to discourage you, but if you ever want to get world class, I would let the method get more developed.
People have to be interested in the method for it to develop. It's got to start somewhere. I'm not going to wait around until the method loses it's mystery and you have several really fast users that I'll never compare with. One reason I'm so interested in Nautilus is that it's not as explored or proven.

I guess I'm more of a "cuber" not a speedcuber. I only learn things that will make it more enjoyable. I'll never learn ZBLL simply because I don't have interest. If I wanted to be world-class I'd stick with CFOP and eventually learn ZBLL but at that point it will just feel forced and not like a hobby.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The thing is, I'm not trying to get there. My goal is simply sub-15 if I never reach sub-10 then I'm perfectly fine with it.

People have to be interested in the method for it to develop. It's got to start somewhere. I'm not going to wait around until the method loses it's mystery and you have several really fast users that I'll never compare with. One reason I'm so interested in Nautilus is that it's not as explored or proven.
Alright! Have fun then and keep us updated!

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
Because Nautilus is quite similar to Roux, I think you can get a relatively good idea as to the potential of the method. I would say that if it's slower, it's only by about 0.5 seconds at most, which isn't that big of a deal.

WCA
2022MCCO11
NCLL is now learned I had a 2 week delay because of school and sickness but I did it. Much faster than what it took me for PLL.

Next step is L5EP which should be very easy since the average movecount is 7.38 and on top of that I already know EPLL and the trivial case making it only 11 cases to learn. After that I'll learn how to plan a somewhat efficient FB (~8) during inspection and than I think I'll be confident enough to switch.

On the CFOP side I now average well under 17 seconds and often get sub-16.

One question I have is, is there a Document or set of algs for Nautilus LS or should I just brute force good solutions?

tsmosher

A word of advice on L5EP: If you just learn the beginning of the algorithm, the last trigger is always intuitive.

So, for example, in the spreadsheet you just linked, if you look at the bottom right case (called a Qb permutation), you just need to learn/memorize:

U (M' U2 M) U ...

Looking at the top of the cube at this point, the rest will be intuitive.

It will either be: (M' U2 M), (M U2 M'), (M' U2 M'), or (M U2 M).

Learning L5EP this way is only 5 algs (and one of those 5 is just a mirror of another).

WCA
2022MCCO11
I wish a company would make a modern 57 mm 3x3. *sigh* That would feel so nice for us people with bigger hands/wings. An even better thing would be a mix, a 3x3 with adjustable size. 55.5, 56, and 56.5 mm. It offer a compromise between people who like smaller cubes and those with large hands. 55.5 to 57 would be to large of a difference but not many younger cubers would want a 3x3 that's 57mm.

I got a little to cocky and ended up forgetting S, AS, and Pi so I'm going to take a break from learning algs and try to ingrain it deep into my memory.

GodCubing

NCLL is now learned I had a 2 week delay because of school and sickness but I did it. Much faster than what it took me for PLL.

Next step is L5EP which should be very easy since the average movecount is 7.38 and on top of that I already know EPLL and the trivial case making it only 11 cases to learn. After that I'll learn how to plan a somewhat efficient FB (~8) during inspection and than I think I'll be confident enough to switch.

On the CFOP side I now average well under 17 seconds and often get sub-16.

One question I have is, is there a Document or set of algs for Nautilus LS or should I just brute force good solutions?
I actually made an alg sheet, but it isn't polished yet. It's kinda an forgotten project of mine. I could try to finish it today. Or just give you the unpolished one

WCA
2022MCCO11
Going to try to get into Square-1. Started yesterday and forget all the algs but have relearned most of them. I average sub-45ish.
I can do CS under 12 seconds every solve and usually get sub-10, parity takes 5-6 seconds.

I'm going to be switching to Lin as it is an insane amount of fun compared to Vandenburg also less alg, more intuitive, and lower slice count.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Going to try to get into Square-1. Started yesterday and forget all the algs but have relearned most of them. I average sub-45ish.
I can do CS under 12 seconds every solve and usually get sub-10, parity takes 5-6 seconds.

I'm going to be switching to Lin as it is an insane amount of fun compared to Vandenburg also less alg, more intuitive, and lower slice count.
Do you wanna race to sub 20? I also recently started square 1 and currently average 40-45.

WCA
2022MCCO11
Do you wanna race to sub 20? I also recently started square 1 and currently average 40-45.
Sure I guess. I don't see myself getting there anytime soon but maybe this would push me a little to get faster.

I don't count any old PB's so I currently don't have one. I've done about 30-40 handscramble and I don't count those but my best was a 25.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01

I have also begun sq-1 and also switched to lin for a very similar reason. average low 30s. A lot of plls can be solved in J/J or J/N triggers, which is satisfying. Another thing to do is blockbuild FB on the bottom only as it saves a slice, from Helmer's video