• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheCubingCuber347's POGression thread. | Learning NCLL

Are you faster than me?

• Total voters
As of creating this I average mid-high 18. Here I'll post goals, quests, algs learned, and other things that go on with me and cubing.

If you want to see my sub-17 Ao5 day 1 check my profile.

Day#2

1628630826790.png
1628630843424.png

Got an amazing 11.91 single PB#2 and best Full-step single and best scramble generated solve.

R2 F' B2 R2 B2 D' F' U2 R F2 L2 B L2 F' U2 R2 F' D2 F D2 L2
Red cross

Could have been a PB but I locked up on an E perm which had incredibly fast recognition.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it only took 10 solves to get the 16.87

Edit: I now average low 18's

8/16/21: I now average high 17.

8/26/21: I've been averaging mid-low 17 for about a week.

9/16/21: Low-17

Last edited:

LBr

Day 4:

So I was doing a ML style match with @Donovan749374 (Bo9 3 sets) and I decided it would be fine if I counted that towards my challenge. At the end I was one solve away from getting the sub-17
1628803750460.png
So I asked if we could do one more solve even though we were finished and once I did the solve I got the avg I needed.

After that I did another solve (not part of the match) and got a 14.67. Giving me not only a sub-16 average of 5 but a PB one.
Generated By csTimer on 2021-08-12
avg of 5: 15.27

Time List:
19. 16.25
20. 14.88
21. 14.52
22. 18.22
23. 14.67

So that was a nice surprise. I'll be continuing like normal tomorrow. (old PB Ao5 was 15.42)

Attachments

• 1628803909035.png
    1628803909035.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Day 5:

I couldn't do the challenge for a couple days because my laptop crashed.

Here it is.

1629068303023.png

First Ao5 of the day, nice.

I'd like to add that I'm currently trying to grind some 5x5. It's, in my opinion, my worst event I avg low-18 on 3x3 but 2:40 on 5x5. I am improving though since I started just 2 days ago averaging 2:50 (I wouldn't call those solves "Grinding" since it was only like, 10.)
______
Edit: I currently use the Qiyi MS but would like an upgrade as the MS 5x5 is huge. Do you recommend the MGC or the Valk? I'm not just looking at the price.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
I get the MGC is cheaper, that's why I said I wasn't looking at the price.
Isn't price one of the biggest factor in cubes? Besides the price, the MGC is one of the best cubes on the market, and comparable to the valk.
But I've tried a Valk 5m and it was amazing so I'm wondering what sets the MGC apart other than price. In my opinion it's hard to beat the Valk feeling.
That's what people thought before the MGC came out. There was a time where people believed that the Wushuang was the perfect 5x5, but when a better one came out people started to notice problems with it. I only have the MGC, and have never touched a Valk 5 M. But even it is slightly better for me, it doesn't justify being twice the price.

So I recommend the MGC way over the Valk.

Last edited:

cuberswoop

I am only like 2 seconds slower than you.

Here it is.

1629068303023.png
Nice 13 btw.

Isn't price one of the biggest factor in cubes? Besides the price, the MGC is one of the best cubes on the market, and comparable to the valk.

That's what people thought before the MGC came out. There was a time where people believed that the Wushuang was the perfect 5x5, but when a better one came out people started to notice problems with it. I only have the MGC, and have never touched a Valk 5 M. But even it is slightly better for me, it doesn't justify being twice the price.

So I recommend the MGC way ovee the Valk.
Again, I specifically stated that price is not playing a factor in my decision. I adore the Valk feel and I am wondering what the YJ MGC offers, beside being more affordable, that the Valk does not. I want to get a cube that I am 100% satisfied with, if I get the MGC and am not the biggest fan I'll buy the Valk so it's not really cheaper if I don't enjoy it. I know that I enjoy the Valk and will be satisfied with my purchase. Meanwhile I no nothing about the MGC other than that it's extremely popular and I've grown to be careful about buying puzzles that people seem to enjoy a lot. I got the YJMoyuMFJSRS3M2020 and was extremely disappointed, I tried the Gan 11 m Pro and was severely disappointed I was also a little disappointed with the X-man Wingy skewb, meanwhile cubes that weren't as hyped or lost their popularity I really enjoy. Like the Qiyi MS 3*3 and the Valk 5 M (It's still well known but has since faded more and more into the background as the MGC asserted it's base.)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Again, I specifically stated that price is not playing a factor in my decision. I adore the Valk feel and I am wondering what the YJ MGC offers, beside being more affordable, that the Valk does not. I want to get a cube that I am 100% satisfied with, if I get the MGC and am not the biggest fan I'll buy the Valk so it's not really cheaper if I don't enjoy it. I know that I enjoy the Valk and will be satisfied with my purchase. Meanwhile I no nothing about the MGC other than that it's extremely popular and I've grown to be careful about buying puzzles that people seem to enjoy a lot. I got the YJMoyuMFJSRS3M2020 and was extremely disappointed, I tried the Gan 11 m Pro and was severely disappointed I was also a little disappointed with the X-man Wingy skewb, meanwhile cubes that weren't as hyped or lost their popularity I really enjoy. Like the Qiyi MS 3*3 and the Valk 5 M (It's still well known but has since faded more and more into the background as the MGC asserted it's base.)
If price isn't a factor and you tried and loved the Valk, then definitely get it. The MGC, besides being cheaper is pretty much on par with the Valk in terms of performance. I've heard that the MGC is faster than the Valk while being less stable, but that's pretty much it, since I don't have the Valk so I can't compare them directly myself.

If price isn't a factor and you tried and loved the Valk, then definitely get it. The MGC, besides being cheaper is pretty much on par with the Valk in terms of performance. I've heard that the MGC is faster than the Valk while being less stable, but that's pretty much it, since I don't have the Valk so I can't compare them directly myself.
Well I like my cubes stable so I'll definitely take that into consideration. Price is definitely a big factor just not in this case. If I decide to upgrade my 6x6 and get a 7x7 I will readily go with the MGC and I'm not willing to buy a 2x2 over $15 USD the Valk Elite M is the most I would ever pay for a 3x3, and I'll probably never get another Megaminx unless something comes out that can compete with the affordability and quality of the YJ Yuhu v2m.