• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alrighty, so, I have decided to do something for fun lol. If this post reaches 20 reactions, I shall rename this thread ‘The Wuest for Sub 8 Petrus’ for a month :)
IDK why lol, but you know...
Bump. I have lowered it to 15. Will it happen?????

Plus, @Etotheipi ’s roll eye challenge has been lowered to 10 roll eyes :cool:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys, I think I’m going to pause this quest for a bit, because speedsolving is getting a little boring. So I looked at BLD and FMC, and the former appealed to me more. I’ll stop trying to learn ZBLL and focus mainly on 3x3 for a couple weeks, then get back into it.
PS we are on 14/15 for the Wuest petition :) (I lowered the number, cos it seemed kind of far fetched). Look at post 267.

My memo isn’t great at the moment, need to improve my letter pair speed, and also come up with better ones. I might learn M2 (actually I understand most of it now, just need to work on M slice targets).

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
My memo isn’t great at the moment, need to improve my letter pair speed, and also come up with better ones. I might learn M2 (actually I understand most of it now, just need to work on M slice targets).
I think it’s good to take breaks and explore other aspects. I got into blind solving earlier this year and I find it to be really fun, cool, and refreshing as a break. Especially since I can see rapid improvement in an event again. Also, Jack Caí is working on an M2 tutorial with a lot of alternative setup algs that I like.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Guys, I think I’m going to pause this quest for a bit, because speedsolving is getting a little boring. So I looked at BLD and FMC, and the former appealed to me more. I’ll stop trying to learn ZBLL and focus mainly on 3x3 for a couple weeks, then get back into it.
PS we are on 14/15 for the Wuest petition :) (I lowered the number, cos it seemed kind of far fetched). Look at post 267.

I mean, you can still learn new algs and practice them some; you don't really need to learn any for BLD. What's your average rn for BLD?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tbh I’ve only got like 3 successes total, both which took around half an hour... Good thing is my memo speed seems to have improved somehow, so it’s around 15 mins to memo. Need to work on that. I might do M2, which requires three long algs (spots E, O and parity).

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Roughly -
2x2x2 - 2.5 seconds
2x2x3 - 4 seconds
EO - 1-3 seconds
F2L - 4-6 seconds
LL - 4-5 seconds
It all depends. Sometimes I will get a free pair, which lowers times. Sometimes I get a easy COLL case. Sometimes there will only be two bad edges. Etc. (This is my estimate by the way)

Hazel

Premium Member
2x2x2 - 2.5 seconds
2x2x3 - 4 seconds
EO - 1-3 seconds
F2L - 4-6 seconds
LL - 4-5 seconds
I'm no Petrus expert, but the proportions seem pretty good to me—i.e. there's nothing that stands out as being exceptionally good or bad. I might recommend putting some focus into 2x2x3, and trying to minimize the pause time between that and 2x2x2. Good luck :)