• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] The world’s first +16 Penalty

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
When cubehead said this I never thought anybody would do this.
Neither did I, and then I accidentally oops-ed it.

(That was a bit of a joke, as shown by this quote:

"It's hard to follow all of the rules,
But it's even harder to break all of them."
-Keenan Bruce, 2022

And this one:

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."
-Dalai Lama XIV, year unknown)

Basically, in order to get all 8 of the +2 penalties, I needed to do all of the following:
  1. Make sure that the cube was off the mat at the beginning of the solve.
  2. Make sure that inspection took 15-17 seconds. Any shorter, and no +2. Any longer, and it's a DNF.
  3. Start the timer while touching the cube...
  4. ...and with palms up.
  5. Make sure the cube was 1 move off when I ended the solve.
  6. Stop timer while touching cube...
  7. ...and with palms up.
  8. Then the fun part. I needed to touch the cube before the judge OK'ed it, which was pretty easy in this case since he had to call in a delegate.
Anyway, it was a blast but also something I'm not doing again since I don't want to burden the delegate/judge again. I had actually had the idea before my second competition (this one was my third) but decided not to since I had too much on the line. In this case, however, I just didn't like skewb and also knew I would be able to improve at my next competition anyway. Since that competition, I've learned a good sledge and a rotationless U Perm and I hope to get a sub-6 single and sub-10 average.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Its really in bad spirit that you try to get a bad solve. You could potentially get banned from competitions as well.
I wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for CubeHead. And I’m never doing it again.

Also, I don’t know why people keep saying I’ll get banned. The regs clearly state in Section 2, Rule 2k6 that the penalty for an intentionally poor result is a DNF, not getting banned. I had had no penalties before this, and hope to get no penalties after this.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for CubeHead. And I’m never doing it again.

Also, I don’t know why people keep saying I’ll get banned. The regs clearly state in Section 2, Rule 2k6 that the penalty for an intentionally poor result is a DNF, not getting banned. I had had no penalties before this, and hope to get no penalties after this.
You will not get banned immediately. But this intent is not in good spirit.

It is fine to fool around while solving at home. But in actual competitions you should always try your best and not waste attempts. I am sorry if this sounded harsh to you, but this is the way to go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Liam Wadek Puzzle Video Gallery 3