• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Weirdest Puzlle of All

Human Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

Hey guys, I would like to know why this cube is not included in WCA?
I'm not familiar with WCA do give me some responds if you know why?
Kindly appreciate!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Reason: Not made By Rubik's Or The WCA just doesn't want to include it.
this is not 'twisty' it is pushy. it is also not methodical, which is also why the 15 puzzle is not an event.

I don't think either of these are that close to the real reasons. There are multiple puzzles in the WCA that aren't made by Rubik's, and Clock isn't really "Twisty" either. (Also 15 puzzle is methodical, but that's beside the point). In reality, the rainbow ball actually was a WCA puzzle (as in, it was held as an event in competitions) at one point, back when competitions were first starting and there was no hard-set event list.

Someone with more knowledge about the WCA and the early days of cubing would be better equipped to tell you why it was removed and why it isn't in the WCA now, and that's definitely not me, so I'll leave it to someone else to explain

Tl;dr: Idk, but the above reasons probably are wrong

Human Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think either of these are that close to the real reasons. There are multiple puzzles in the WCA that aren't made by Rubik's, and Clock isn't really "Twisty" either. (Also 15 puzzle is methodical, but that's beside the point). In reality, the rainbow ball actually was a WCA puzzle (as in, it was held as an event in competitions) at one point, back when competitions were first starting and there was no hard-set event list.

Someone with more knowledge about the WCA and the early days of cubing would be better equipped to tell you why it was removed and why it isn't in the WCA now, and that's definitely not me, so I'll leave it to someone else to explain

Tl;dr: Idk, but the above reasons probably are wrong
wow , appreciate a lot for writing such a long statement. that's why, because imp not so familiar with wca and hope someone from the early days could probably tell me why! thank you so much anyway.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just did a google search and rainbow ball was an event. Maybe the WCA removed it so they were not that much events for the staff.
Actually, while the rainbow cube was an event, I don't believe the rainbow ball was ever an event.

The rainbow cube (not such a good name, since it's not a cube :) ) was an event only at the very beginning of the WCA, before specific events were locked in.

Human Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually, while the rainbow cube was an event, I don't believe the rainbow ball was ever an event.

The rainbow cube (not such a good name, since it's not a cube :) ) was an event only at the very beginning of the WCA, before specific events were locked in.
finally, a profession on WCA could probably give me a more accurate answer. Thanks a lot! But is there any chances to make them back to wca?

Q--

WCA
2019MCGA02
finally, a profession on WCA could probably give me a more accurate answer. Thanks a lot! But is there any chances to make them back to wca?
Probably not. The rainbow cube is mechanically equivalent to a dino cube (one’s a shapemod of the other). By today’s standards, dino cube is way too simple and fast to be an event, which means rainbow cube would be too.

Human Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Probably not. The rainbow cube is mechanically equivalent to a dino cube (one’s a shapemod of the other). By today’s standards, dino cube is way too simple and fast to be an event, which means rainbow cube would be too.
ohhh no wonder, is very simple but I don't think we can solve in less than 10.Is too hard to push around!