• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Republican Primary Debates 2012, Who's you favorite?

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Title. Who do support so far from what we've seen in the debates?

Personally, I've loved Herman Cain from the start. His "common sense solutions" actually make sense, and he doesn't talk a ton of mumbo jumbo. So far in the debates, I've only seen two people who actually have been providing solutions to things. Those two people are Ron Paul and Herman Cain. Personally, I see Ron Paul as going a little to far with things, he wants the government to be a little too small. However, Herman Cain seems really good. His 9-9-9 tax plan sounds really nice and simple, and his social security plan, the chilean model, makes lots of sense. Thoughts?

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted for Ron Paul in the 2008 primary and will be doing the same in the 2012 primary. I don't watch debates because it's all political posturing and useless banter. The history of a candidate is far more important and reliable than anything they have to say in a 30 second soundbite.

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I, speaking as a foreigner, am absolutely terrified that these empty-headed, corrupt, irrational and fundamentalist bigots are even considered for the most powerful office on the planet.

I don't want any of these people to have their finger on the big red button.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To me, Ron Paul's views on immigration are disgusting.

Explain your obviously misguided disgust.

Not to mention that he's so obviously racist.

Wow. That's ridiculous and wildly unfounded.

I, speaking as a foreigner, am absolutely terrified that these empty-headed, corrupt, irrational and fundamentalist bigots are even considered for the most powerful office on the planet.

I don't want any of these people to have their finger on the big red button.

Wow again. Way to completely misrepresent everyone. These sort of broad sweeping denouncements are false and not helpful.

To everyone: I guess I'm done here, because there's no room on this forum for rational, reasoned argument. You are mostly ill-informed and reactionary.

Last edited:
Explain your obviously misguided disgust.
Obviously misguided?
I can see you're one of those people who already walk into a conversation/debate with an attitude of "You're obviously wrong, and I'm always right."

So, no thank you. I don't enjoy debates with people who have such a close minded attitude. It's not an enjoyable conversation.

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
Wow. That's ridiculous and wildly unfounded.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/211823/20110911/ron-paul-racism-anti-semitism-republican.htm

You were saying?

Obviously misguided?
I can see you're one of those people who already walk into a conversation/debate with an attitude of "You're obviously wrong, and I'm always right."

So, no thank you. I don't enjoy debates with people who have such a close minded attitude. It's not an enjoyable conversation.

+5 cool points.

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
While his position on evolution is stupid, it's irrelevant.

No, it's not. This man denys a blatent, demonstrable fact for the sake of his personal beliefs. I defy you to say that a man, who can maintain that level of cognitive dissonance, is fit to lead a country in a world that doesn't care what you believe in.

Last edited:

drewsopchak

WCA
2010SOPC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait you are a creationist? Not sure if serious or...

Ron Paul knows evolution to be a proven scientific theory/fact.

Ron Paul, because he's the only statesman, the rest are politicians. He's never flip flopped, and strongly believes in the constitution.

On another note, to call Dr. Paul a racist because he doesn't support everything in the civil rights act of 1964 is like saying someone who doesn't support Stimulus/the jobs bill, wants serfdom, poverty, and high unemployment. Paul disaproves of the federal government telling private businesses what they can and cannot serve and two whom. Title II

Outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion or national origin in hotels, motels, restaurants, theaters, and all other public accommodations engaged in interstate commerce; exempted private clubs without defining the term "private."

Further more, the article has many factual errors like when it states the federal reserve is a government agency. Notice the article lacks citations.
This pathetic attempt at labeling a Jeffersonian statesmen is merely a hit piece. Show some shame, fool.

Last edited: