• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The quest to Sub 1:00 with ZZ-Spike

Should I do megaminx example solve?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why in the world would you do mega example solves

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

PizzaCuber

You heard me, ZZ Spike. Similar to @PetrusQuber thread, about getting sub 8 with petrus, I want to be sub 1 on mega with ZZ-Spike. Now I know one person that has achieved this (@GenTheThief ) but I want to see if I can do it to! If anyone has tips, they are welcome. I will update my progress every week.

Current PB: 2:11.03
Current Ao5 PB: 2:31.50
Current Ao12 PB: 2:37.62
Current average: about 2:40 - 2:55

To do list:

Work on planning at least 3 pieces of cross, or 2x2x2.
Learn CO
get my lookahead a bit better
Work on identifying EO
Sub 2:30
——————————————————————————
Progress:
Already broke my single with a 2:11.03, had easy EO, lots of free pairs, was a great solve in terms of look ahead, it was just great in every way.
To Do List:

Learn CO
get my lookahead a bit better
Work on identifying EO
Sub 2:30
Progress:

To Do List:

Get back to sub 2:30
Plan 3/5 cross or 2x2x2
Get lookahead decent
Progress:

Last edited:
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol I’ve started a trend. But nobody else has made it to over a month with their thread, because they get bored of updating it.
Well, with my color neutral quest, hopefully I don't get bored pf updating it. But then again, hopefully it takes me less than a month to become color neutral

CuberStache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
@CuberStache you have any tips? I know you dont Use spike but maybe just some general tips.
Actually, I looked into it a while back and I developed my own variation of it that I think is easier to understand. I think I'll make a walkthrough video on it later today. For now, just work on lookahead: For the sections other than EO, make sure you know what pieces you want next without having to check the centers or anything. And if you want to be sub-1:00, you should learn 4LLL. If you're still at about 2:30, you don't need it right now, but it would be good to start learning.