• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The FMC thread

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually know how NISS works but when I try to do it, I usually end up getting a scrambled cube on the inverse.
To make sure you're not misscrambling, this is what you should do if you want to do NISS here. I'm taking your moves and translating them without the rotation, as rotations make NISS very difficult.

B2 U' D' B2 //1x2x3 (4/4)
U D F' U D2 L' D2 U B' D B2 //F2L-1 (11/15)

So now, if you want to switch to the inverse, you start with a solved cube and do your current solution backwards, and then do the inverse scramble:

B2 D' B U' D2 L D2 U' F D' U' B2 D U B2
R' B' L U L' D2 L2 F R B' R' F2 B2 U' L2 D F2 D' R2 U'

We can now continue our work by doing some moves on inverse:

U D F' U D2 L' D2 U B' D B2 //psF2L-1 (11/15)
(U') //Fix pseudo (1/16)
(L' D2 L) //EO (3/19

Say we wanted to switch back now. We now perform only the moves done on inverse backwards, then the normal scramble, then all of the moves we did on the normal scramble, forwards:

L' D2 L U
U R2 D F2 D' L2 U B2 F2 R B R' F' L2 D2 L U' L' B R
B2 U' D' B2 U D F' U D2 L' D2 U B' D B2

And now we can continue with the normal scramble! For the sake of exercise, let's just finish the solve with a standard speedsolving approach so we know how to work with piecing a NISS solve back together.

U D F' U D2 L' D2 U B' D B2 //psF2L-1 (11/15)
(U') //Fix pseudo (1/16)
(L' D2 L) //EO (3/19
D B D B' //F2L (4/23)
B' L B R' B' L' B R //OLL (7/30)
F2 U L' D L' D' L U' F2 R' D R (12/42)

To piece this together as a full solution, we do all the moves done on the normal scramble first, then followed by all of the inverse sequences backwards, starting from the bottom to the top:

B2 U' D' B2 U D F' U D2 L' D2 U B' D B2 D B D B2 L B R' B' L' B R F2 U L' D L' D' L U' F2 R' D R L' D2 L U

And that sequence solves the cube.