• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The $1000 Speedcube Tierlist

Have You Subscribed to The Cubing Critics

• Total voters

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
A few mini updates.

1 - Diansheng
We had a brief chat with Diansheng and they seem interested in the channel. We are grateful for them to be joining our channel and share products and news about upcoming cubes. We had a chat this morning and they shared some details on their long-term plans in the cubing market, and let's just say we have a lot of interesting things to talk about in The Cubing Couch Episode 2.

Unboxings from Diansheng coming soon.

2 - The Cubing Couch
In case some of you don't know, we are launching a podcast known as The Cubing Couch, where Mo and I have some chill talks about some world-first news and info in cubing.

This week is a double header! We're releasing episode 1 tomorrow (just need to finish the description and it's good to go) and Episode 2 will come later in the week. Lots of news that quite a few cubers probably aren't aware of, and a huge thanks to all the manufacturers and companies involved in helping us out with early gossip.

3 - Weilong WRM Video
Our Weilong WRM 2021 video has received a lot of attention and support recently, so thanks to everyone who left a comment on the video. If you haven't seen it, feel free to check out the signature for the YouTube link or just check above.

4 - 400 Subs
We recently hit 400 subs, so huge thanks for the support. For those that have said no to the above poll, feel free to leave some constructive feedback below as to why you may not be subbed, whether you don't like a certain aspect of our content or cubing news/unboxing videos aren't for you. We appreciate your comments.

5 - 500 Followers
We also hit 500 followers on Instagram, which is a great milestone. Expect some giveaways from TheCubicle. Just need to check with them and we'll have a couple of giveaways on Instagram and YouTube soon.

6 - Mysterious Package
We got a package in the mail today from a company we can't say and a product we can't mention. All we can say is to expect a nice early video on the 30th of June. Will be one of the first videos of this product on YouTube. Sub to not miss out on that.

That's all I can think of. Once again, huge thanks for the support.
Peace.
Zain and Mo - The Cubing Critics.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just letting you guys know that Episode 1 of The Cubing Couch is now available to watch on YouTube and most podcast sites like Spotify etc.
We have another episode dropping later this week because there was so much news to cover.
I'll give some teasers soon. Let us know what you think of the podcast and how we can improve.
Hope you enjoy.

The Cubing Critics

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Just letting you guys know that Episode 1 of The Cubing Couch is now available to watch on YouTube and most podcast sites like Spotify etc.
We have another episode dropping later this week because there was so much news to cover.
I'll give some teasers soon. Let us know what you think of the podcast and how we can improve.
Hope you enjoy.

The Cubing Critics
It's great to have another cubing podcast. Especially since the Layer by Layer podcast isn't very consistent.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Brand New Speedcubing Manufacturer joining the market very soon with a very innovative 3x3.
Full details, as well as a whole host of fresh headlines in our latest episode of The Cubing Couch
Once again, huge thanks to all our sponsors and it's a pleasure to have Diansheng join the team.
Will be in talks with the new manufacturer soon. Stay tuned.
Let us know what you think of this episode. Will be on Spotify soon.
Discussions are going on over on our Discord server, links in our signature so feel free to pay a visit to our community.
Hope you enjoy!!
The Cubing Critics

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone,
We're trying to think of a name for our crew of subscribers, feel free to leave suggestions below. Critic Club? Team Cubing Critics? I dunno.

Hope you're all doing well. We've been inactive for a while (very active on Discord but not much here) so I thought it's best to update you all on what's up.

The Bad News
Let's get the bad news out of the way. Recently, we lost a load of footage stored on our hard drive. Yep, all those juicy unboxings we were in the middle of editing, gone. To make up for this, we'll be rethinking the style of our upcoming videos to go for a more concise thoughts/review style video so you can find out more about the cube in less time. Videos on the Diansheng cubes, GAN 251s and a whole lot more coming soon.

Now that I have that out of the way, we have heaps of GOOD NEWS for everyone.

1 - Cubicle Unboxing
We have a video coming up where the winner between myself and Mo will order $400 of cubes from TheCubicle. Let's just say, the winner got a bit carried away and the prize increased to $600. You know what that means. Huge $600 Cubicle Unboxing coming soon to the channel. Will include a lot of stuff including pretty much every relevant flagship 2x2 and 3x3, smart cube, lubes and some stuff I won't be allowed to show (more on that in a bit). If you're looking to buy a new 2x2 or 3x3 but have no idea which one to get, this unboxing will be a great way to work out what your needs are and which cube to get.

Oh and I also forgot to mention, be sure to subscribe to the channel because we'll be doing a $50 giveaway on the unboxing video to give you a chance to get that dream cube you've been keeping an eye on. Will either be a whole $50 or a $30 winner and two $10 runners up to boost your chances. Stay tuned.

2 - New Series
We've been hyping this for a while.
Previous clues:
"Will involve trying a lot of cubes"
"A very expensive series"

I'm not sure what else I'm allowed to say but we'll be getting a contract which we'll have to sign involving this series (it's getting serious). A physical contract. The series has been in development for a while and you'll finally get to see what it is in a week or two. Super excited.

3 - Shorts
That's right. We've made a Shorts Channel called "Cubing Critics Shorts" (alternative names are most welcome).
Everyone makes shorts, but we plan on bringing the Critics' perspective on what we think will make a great shorts video. Every video will be valuable to multiple people in the cubing community, and a lot of thought, time and effort would go into each shorts clip/video so feel free to sub if you like the sound of that. Also leave below your favourite shorts channels (cubing or non-cubing) to give us an idea of what's already being done in this field. We have a Discord server dedicated to dumping ideas in and a lot of them we haven't really developed fully into a full-length video, but I think they would make excellent valuable shorts.

We also have plans on doing a lot of suggested content in this channel. We get a lot of ideas from our subscribers that would make excellent shorts videos. Feel free to suggest your ideas on our future shorts videos or in our Discord server. If you want a quick comparison between two cubes or us to try out something wacky, we'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

4 - Podcast
As you know, the podcast has lost some momentum, but we'll be back with more episodes. Our next episode would go into detail on everything you need to know about cubing sponsorships based on our personal experience with various brands and stores. There'll be some things we're not allowed to say but we'll be as transparent as we can be in the hopes that those reading this wanting to get sponsored would be a step closer to achieving that. Also, it's Cube Season. Lots of cubes being released which we'll talk about in our news episodes. We also have plans on doing interviews with manufacturers including the CEO of Diansheng etc. so if you're interested in that then bop a subscribe on the Cubing Couch youtube channel.

If I think of anything else I'll leave it here.
Have a great day.
The Cubing Critics.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Hello everyone,
We're trying to think of a name for our crew of subscribers, feel free to leave suggestions below. Critic Club? Team Cubing Critics? I dunno.

Hope you're all doing well. We've been inactive for a while (very active on Discord but not much here) so I thought it's best to update you all on what's up.

The Bad News
Let's get the bad news out of the way. Recently, we lost a load of footage stored on our hard drive. Yep, all those juicy unboxings we were in the middle of editing, gone.
Whenever I hear the expression "juicy" I imagine the speaker obnoxiously eating a pack of Gushers with their mouth open and it immediately ruins the following.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Also forgot to mention, we'll be trying out EVERY PREMIUM GAN 11 M PRO in a future video!

Attachments

• Premium Cubes Edited.jpg
    Premium Cubes Edited.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 3

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
New Cubing Couch Podcast episode. Now in video form.
Next episode: 100 Cubing Video Ideas.
Feel free to sub for weekly episodes.