• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Texas Speedcubing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I decided that instead of us Texas cubers talking to each other in random threads or PM's it would be nice to have a designated thread. So here you go fellow Texans.

Want to meetup sometime? Need a place to stay for an upcoming competition? Have a good idea of a possible venue for a future competition? Want to find out how your times compare to people in your area? Have any questions about anything?
Post away. :)

Also, the first time you post in this thread, you might want to give us a general idea of who you are. If you do, post your name, age, average times, how long you've been cubing, favorite events, where you live, whatever you want, just give us some info. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be helpful. :)

Anyway... I'm Anthony, a 15 year old from South Texas, and I average around 13 seconds for 3x3 speed.

Last edited:

Truncator

YouTube
Visit Channel
I live in Midland, TX, and I've been cubing for about five months. My favorite events are 3x3 speed and 5x5. I've got averages in my signature since I'm too embarrassed to post them. :p

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Truncator, Ashmnafa, vrumanuk: None of you have WCA IDs listed which leads me to assume that none of you have ever competed officially before; so I hope to see you all at our next competition. Afaik, Sapan (Texas' delegate) has reserved a room at UT on November 14th, and we're waiting on WCA approval before officially announcing the competition. Details to come soon.

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Instead of us Texas cubers talking to each other in random threads or PM's I figured it would be a little more organized if we had a designated thread. So here you go Texans. Any questions about anything? Want to meetup sometime? Need a place to stay for an upcoming competition?

Post away. :)

Also, if you want to give us a general idea of who you are, post your name, age, average times, how long you've been cubing, favorite events, where you live, whatever you want. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be helpful. :p

I'm Anthony, a 15 year old from South Texas, and I average around 13 seconds for 3x3 speed.

I'm William, I've been 15 for 7 days now :). I'm from Michigan, but I live in the Dallas metropolitan area, and I average around 19 seconds for 3x3x3 speed.
I've been out of 'real' practice for many weeks, but I have done just enough cubing to maintain my average. I'm resuming practice soon!

My only 2 competitions have been the previous 2 Texas ones, in Dallas first and Houston 2nd. I will likely be there for the next one. :)

Nice to 'meet' you all. :D

3x3x3 PB average of 12: 15.63 i think? I got REALLY LUCKY.
PB single: 9.53 LL skip (also 11.58 PLL skip, 10.38 nonlucky, 11.98 nonlucky, very rare 12-14's, rare 15's, some 16's...)

Last edited:

The3point14

WCA
2009LAMB03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Name: Joshua Lambert
2x2 SS: 20.xx average
3x3 SS: 38.xx average
OH: 120.xx average
BLD: 140.xx average
MBLD: ???
Pyr: stupid meffert's hasn't gotten here yet

I no longer practice anything but BLD unless i'm on the bus to campus.

vrumanuk

WCA
2009RUMA01
Truncator, Ashmnafa, vrumanuk: None of you have WCA IDs listed which leads me to assume that none of you have ever competed officially before; so I hope to see you all at our next competition. Afaik, Sapan (Texas' delegate) has reserved a room at UT on November 14th, and we're waiting on WCA approval before officially announcing the competition. Details to come soon.

Sounds good, hopefully I won't be busy that weekend.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My name is Eddie I am 14 and live in deep south Texas I'v been cubing since late January. I practice several types of 3x3x3 solves since i can't find any other type of puzzle. I've never been to to a competition since there are none close enough to where I live.

Deep south texas?!
In the Valley?

If so, what city? I live in the middle of Harlingen and Brownsville, how south are you?

Casey

WCA
2005PERN01
I'm Casey. I've been cubing since 2004. I kind of quit sometime in 2007, and I just started competing again earlier this year. Right now I'm averaging around 15-16 seconds. I haven't been on this forum in a while, so Anthony's been bugging me to get a new account. :rolleyes:

I'm not a native Texan, but I've spent the past several years in central Texas. I'm currently at Trinity University in San Antonio.

MW1990

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm Aric, I'm from Corpus Christi, Texas
My pb averages
2x2 6.28 (Fridrich lol)
3x3 18.54
4x4 1:41
5x5 2:15<--lol not much faster than my 4x4 :D
6x6 4:45
7x7 7:57
Megaminx: 2:50 horrible
pyraminx: 17.xx
OH: 49

:)

Nuceria

I'm Anthony, San Antonio (hey viktor)
3x3 ~35 I really need to practice
4x4 ~2:30
I don't know any of my other times . . .

Is anybody going to the Dethklok/Mastodon show on Nov, 13th? Metal and cubing, sounds like a good weekend to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.