• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tempest 3V1 Development Thread (2016 Model leaked)

Who Should Tempest Work With on Mass Manufacturing?

• MoYu

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • QiYi

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • GAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuxin

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • FangShi

• ShengShou

• Dayan

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Independent Company

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tomorrow is my big day visiting the Cubicle warehouse! I cant wait to show them parts from the two versions of the cube (Unfortunately I could only salvage the edges from the spraypaint disaster of the blue one). I anticipate we will probably talk design too. The cubing community is watching!

If anyone wants me to ask the cubicle anything regarding this project, please comment!
Awesome.

What do they recommend doing for bringing it to the market? Moyu, Qiyi, Dayan?

Sion

But what happened...
What did you discuss

Not allowed to say much. But I can offer that something *very* exciting happened (can't say however)

They did like it. Jules Malang met me at the front, and said it was the smoothest 3-d printed cube he has ever tried. Keep in note this was without large amounts of internal sanding, and with center caps on.

Aside from that, I can't spoil or say much, as agreed with Phil, though we did discuss key points.

Last edited:

Duncan Bannon

Sweet Sweet! Estimated time frame now? Great news though!

Its the new cube they talked about in the video on long name cold guy who is Michael long last names brother......

Last edited:

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not allowed to say much. But I can offer that something *very* exciting happened (can't say however)

They did like it. Jules Malang met me at the front, and said it was the smoothest 3-d printed cube he has ever tried. Keep in note this was without large amounts of internal sanding, and with center caps on.

Aside from that, I can't spoil or say much, as agreed with Phil, though we did discuss key points.
Oooh are you ever gonna be able to say in the future now im interested

I actually tried the BaoFengXue Blizzard.

It isn't the 3v1, I can confirm.
Was the Blizzard good? is it actually real or did cubicle make you say this looool
Did everyone at thecubicle try the cube? Everyone liked it, right? Did Chris polymer coat it?
ooh i have a theory
thecubicle is going to help you produce and modify the tempest 3v1?
ooooooor they agreed to hook you up with a company to help produce it
ooooooooooooooor chris just polymer coated it idk

Galcor117

I actually tried the BaoFengXue Blizzard.

It isn't the 3v1, I can confirm.
Of course it isn’t. the video was made way before your visit lol.

It’s also going to take a lot of time for a company to officially release it. Takes forever to ship to China and get it shipped back, they may edit the pieces (maybe completely), procrastinate (some honestly do), give no response, or just reject it and waste maybe around a month’s time.
Fair warning

Last edited:

Sion

Felt like posting a casual update.

I currently have renders for a third iteration of the 3v1.

This prototype is NOT going to be printed from my public library. Rather, the new 3v1 will be printed via...

Shapeways!

Now, I am debating what material I should use. Currently, I am considering using White Strong and Flexible Polished. However, I am not sure if this is what I should use because of potential tolerance issues.

Any ideas to what I should print the next prototype with? I am between HP Ultrajet Black and White Strong and Flexible Polished.

Sion

Well, I kinda did and didn't clickbait you at the same time.

I looked at the files for the prior two iterations of the 3v1, and made a cube with the two sets of cubies. Out of it came a new puzzle, which looked actually rather nice. I call it the Tempest 3s1. It looks kind of like the first iteration from the outer appearance.

S stands for start, or a budget cube line from tempest.

It isn't as developed as the 3v1 (the new iteration is looking even crazier and daring than before, though the internals are largely unchanged) but I hope it could be a buffer cube to bring back an old cubing tradition into the modern day.... I won't say.

I will post images of the iteration 3 3v1 and 3s1 shortly after this is posted.

Last edited:

Sion

3v1_vs_3s1_by_xxsionthehedgehogxx-dca0jb9.png

Duncan Bannon

Do you have a price point? Also, (this may be a silly question) is the complete(sellable) cube going to be 3-d Printed?