• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tempest 3V1 Development Thread (2016 Model leaked)

Who Should Tempest Work With on Mass Manufacturing?

• MoYu

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • QiYi

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • GAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuxin

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • FangShi

• ShengShou

• Dayan

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Independent Company

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sion

I dunno, but I just saw this image, it's probably a new 3x3 ;)

new_3x3_by_xxsionthehedgehogxx-daou4yd.png

Last edited:

Sion

Yep!

Well, this is the current model. I decided to create a new thread about the Tempest here, as at this point it is more appropriate.

As of now, we have yet to negotiate with qiyi about mass production, but at this point, with some people even questioning, I decided it was time to show that this is a serious project that is happening within our community.

We haven't printend out the model in the first post for testing yet, but Abo and I both agree that this might be the final model before we consider mass production. not just that, there are many new things on the inside of this puzzle that haven't really been tested or tried yet on cubes in the current market, so we are excited for that.

Any other questions and comments you can post here :)

Excited but...
the meiyu had hype and it tried new things like your cube
I'm sceptacle
But I'm still hyped and I'll definitely buy it

Sion

Excited but...
the meiyu had hype and it tried new things like your cube
I'm sceptacle
But I'm still hyped and I'll definitely buy it

Don't worry. We are still going over new prototypes. actually, the one I put as a promo image is actually another rp to type that we are going to print soon. we are constantly testing new models to make sure they are okay, constant changes and edits to fix them.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry. We are still going over new prototypes. actually, the one I put as a promo image is actually another rp to type that we are going to print soon. we are constantly testing new models to make sure they are okay, constant changes and edits to fix them.
Really looking forward to it especially if it's like a gans :)

Sion

Well, since there is one design feature showing, I can give y'all one hint at a new design feature found on the tempest.

If you follow Jack Black memes from five years ago, you can assume he would love the center caps.

The gans caps by qiyi, Jack Black would love them.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Well, since there is one design feature showing, I can give y'all one hint at a new design feature found on the tempest.

If you follow Jack Black memes from five years ago, you can assume he would love the center caps.

The Gans caps by Qiyi, Jack Black would love them.
Well, in terms of Jack Black memes, I found a black Jack Black playing blackjack and quite a lot of stop signs.
So I'm assuming it's octagonal, black, and has a spade etched into the black back.

Sion

Well, in terms of Jack Black memes, I found a black Jack Black playing blackjack and quite a lot of stop signs.
So I'm assuming it's octagonal, black, and has a spade etched into the black back.

hah, no spade, but you're right about the octagon center. from the slopes, Andrew and I concluded that an octagonal center would be best optimised to prevent catches, better so than a circle. the actual center is nothing complex.

now... second design hint:

quite ironically, the fangyuan corner is the closest resembling to that of the tempest, despite my ideas being released in april, and older. just think, corner cone, not funky pyramid on fangyuan.

Sion

I heard about the new moyu cube. Glad to hear that the tempest is going to have competition