• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tecknet's Progression, Grinding for Sub - 20.

What should I do after learning full PLL

• X2Y Neutrality

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Full OLL

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • F2L Algs

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • More Efficient Cross

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Different Event (4x4, Megaminx, BLD)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tecknet

Thought I might as well make a progression thread. I average around 24 - 26s and my PB is 19.43 seconds. I've been cubing since February. I started cubing back in lockdown 2 years ago, I learnt on my Rubik's brand and then "upgraded" to a Rubik's Speed, yes mistakes were made. I didn't learn anything else after Beginners method and I averaged 1 minute and 15 second. Then fate happened, I stepped on my cube by accident(don't ask me how). If that didn't happen I nearly definitely wouldn't be here today. I got sidetracked there..... anyway I can also solve 2x2, Megaminx and Pyraminx, even though I'm terrible at all of those. My goal is too be Sub - 20 for now. I'll try and update the thread at least once a week, Welp I better learn more PLL algs.

Last edited:

Tecknet

Gonna do and A012 and see what happens.
1654546485677.png
1654546498234.png

Ao12 = 24.94
Pretty good session, (probably because I had coffee before it.)
1. Pretty bad, misrecognised a perm for an F perm.
2. Average
3. Average
4. Average
5. Fire F2L but messed up PLL
6. Again misrecognised for F perm
7. Average w/ an H Perm
8. Average
9. Average
10. Z Perm, what can I say
11. Fireee F2L, same case as solve 5 but recognised the case far quicker, close to my PB, which was set on train as well.
12. Average with a Ja Perm

Last edited:

Imsoosm

Thought I might as well make a progression thread. I average around 24 - 26s and my PB is 19.43 seconds. I've been cubing since February. I started cubing back in lockdown 2 years ago, I learnt on my Rubik's brand and then "upgraded" to a Rubik's Speed, yes mistakes were made. I didn't learn anything else after Beginners method and I averaged 1 minute and 15 second. Then fate happened, I stepped on my cube by accident(don't ask me how). If that didn't happen I nearly definitely wouldn't be here today. I got sidetracked there..... anyway I can also solve 2x2, Megaminx and Pyraminx, even though I'm terrible at all of those. My goal is too be Sub - 20 for now. I'll try and update the thread at least once a week, Welp I better learn more PLL algs.
Wait, you stepped on your cube and it broke?
Must feel like stepping on legos.

Tecknet

Been busy for most of last week, so no progress at all except fairly faster R Perms