• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Survey: What kind of lube do you use?

What kind(s) of lubricants do you use mainly?

• Total voters

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm wondering what people use these days. See poll above. It allows multiple choices, so you can do that if you use several lubes. Choices are somewhat based on our wiki's lubricant list.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use maru lube at the moment, but that's mainly just because it's what I have. My supply is running out, and I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I'll probably just go back to silicon spray, although that's a pain >.<

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2: Maru
3x3: Lubix or high viscosity diff lube.
4x4: Lower viscosity Shock Oil
Bigger Cubes: Whilst breaking in, Silicon Spray. Thereafter Maru.

Not sure why the variation with each puzzle 'family' but simply experimentation since cubing and I am a creature of habit :)

aznanimedude

Still using a tube of silicone lube I bought from cubesmith, after that's gone there's a hobby store I found that sells traxxas 30k that I wanna try out