• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Super Stack 2011 US Texas Open Sports Stacking Worldchampionship StackFest

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I jut received an e-mail from some speedstacking organization announcing that the "Super Stack 2011 US Texas Open Sports Stacking Worldchampionship StackFest" (lulz) will be held in Dallas. I think I might attend this and see how stackers compare to cubers and shoot some video. Has anybody been to one of these? How similar are they to cubing?

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, I went to the 2006 World Sport Stacking Championship in Denver, Colorado. It was absolutely amazing. The culture is very similar to cubing, though you will be "that cuber guy" to most people ;) It is absolutely worth attending, and the people and the events make it a very great experience! Definitely go if you have the opportunity!

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, I'd say the majority are 8-12 year olds. They have age divisions from basically Kindergarden (4-5yrs old) all the way through Collegiate, "Masters" Divisions, and "Seniors" division. There will certainly be people your age at the competition, especially one as large as this one appears to be. Also, stacking is more like cubing. You can be a very young stacker, but have an older "stacking age" based on your skill level and experience. I got some great stacking tips from people who were only around 10 years old, just like you can get tips from younger cubers as well.

Trust me, stacking competitions are crazy fun! I strongly recommend going to one, you won't regret it!

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE: April 16-17, 8am - 5:30pm Sat. and 8am - 4pm Sun. in Garland, TX at the Special Events Center.
0-4: FREE
5-17 and Seniors (60+): $5 Daily
18-59: $8 Daily
[+ Parking Fee at the Special Events Center]

EDIT: My email refreshed. I have the email too, so I'll see what it says.
EDIT 2: Garland, even closer. :D

More info??

If I can, I'll probably go.

It'll be nearby, I might as well go check it out. :)

Last edited:

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Afraid of a stack overflow? ;)

Good-Thinkin-Lincoln.jpg

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's going to be a story on the DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) news about this any minutes now, as it was mentioned in the previews/upcoming stories.

I want more of that exposure for WCA competitions :S.

EDIT: Will air in the morning...

Last edited:

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry about the quality. I didn't stay for long as there wasn't much for me to do. They had people from all over and someone from the top 24 of American Idol sang. It was insane.

Last edited: