• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sup

Sup guys.
Learned how to solve the cube from my brother I think uh... last summer. Never timed myself cause, well I sucked and it took a long time for me to get a solve, so why bother? It was a layer by layer type deal that my brother learned from Wikihow, and that was good enough for me.
Then for some odd reason this summer, I decided to search up some new methods of solving the cube, cause I didn't like the way it was going for me, and it took way too long. I browsed these forums, and I had read on here that the Fridrich method is by far the most popular, so why not? Looked up Badmephisto's videos cause clearly they work and are awesome.
anyway, like people have said, the time it took for me to solve the cube took way longer after I had switched, and at this point I was timing myself by seeing how far into a song I would get when I finished. I then registered an account on here, and started looking up the PLLs while I was getting accustomed to the new intuitive F2L method, thing.

Uh... so I finished memorizing the PLLs a couple days ago, and that felt awesome. My time is now um... Well I use that jnetcube timer, thing, and the last average of 12 I recorded is... let me see.... 26.06 seconds. Not too sure if that's any good, but whatever, I think it's cool. I was really envious of the people on here who had sub-30 solves when I first started, and hadn't really thought about how much I was progressing until just yesterday when I recorded my first sub-20 single. Sure, it was a lucky solve, and I don't count those as my personal bests, but it felt nice. Personal best for me is still set at 23.70.

Um... I'm 18, second year student at the University of Waterloo studying biomedical sciences, cause I was too much of a wuss to get into engineering. After seeing my brother and my friends work their butts off in engineering, I knew I was way too lazy for that, so to science it was. I'm from Calgary Alberta, and know there's another member on here that is from Calgary, so that's cool.
Uh... I use storebought cubes, and I have two of them. I use Jig-A-Loo cause it sounds awesome, and it works VERY well in my opinion. But then again, what the hell do I know, I've never seen or touched any other cubes other than my own in my life, nor have I ever tried a cube that's been lubed with silicone. I actually bought Jig-A-Loo because it was cheaper than the silicone at the time. Like, 20 cents I think...
One of my cubes is somewhat prone to popping and is extremely loose for me, so I decided to try OH cubing and I use that now. My other cube is my main one, and I love it to bits. I couldn't stand the storebought stickers, so when they all fell off I bought some Cubesmith merchandise. I like the smooth tiles, but it took a bit of getting used to. I like the stickers too, cause they feel nice and grippy.

Oh right, my OH cubing, is absolutely horrendous and I've never tried timing myself. I think it might be somewhere in the 1:30 range though. I need to seriously learn some different PLLs for that because that is what's slowing me down the most in my opinion. I started OH cubing uh... I think a week ago? Haven't given it much practice though =/ And my laptop exploded and it's going to take 2-6 weeks for me to get it repaired and sent back to me, so I can't really look anything up in the mean time. I've been doing homework and stuff on the computers on campus.
Other than that, I heard my dad bought a 4x4x4 so I'm looking forward to trying to solve that beast when I get to go home for Christmas.
Oh, I had a 2x2x2 somewhere too, but that was way before I got into speedcubing, and I think it takes me longer to solve that now than it does for me to solve the 3x3x3. I dunno, it broke and I never bothered to get another one.

So yeah, sup.]

Oh right, I pen spin too. I'm actually one of the moderators on that UPSB site. I'm really really really bad at pen spinning. Like seriously, absolutely horrible. I took a year long break from pen spinning, and there have been too many changes during my down time, and the new spinners are just too good now.

Other stuff....
I watch anime. A lot of it.
If asked, I will post the list I keep in a notepad file.
I listen to a lot of music. Mostly death/black/melodeath/symphonic/power/thrash/speed metal and other variations. Also, grindcore. Favourite band, Behemoth. I also looooove listening to Japanese pop. Favourite artist, Hirano Aya. Recently been listening to tons of Tommy February6, 妖精帝國, Tommy Heavenly6, and uh... I think that might be it...

Last edited:
Doing my organic chemistry lab write-up, and freezing my things off cause the computer lab is friggen' cold.
I just tried to solve my cube, and I think it took me like, 40-50 seconds. Hahaha.