• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sum Wars - A Tabletop Math Crossword Game

SpeedSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
(Disclaimer: If this thread is against the terms of service on this forum, by all means, remove it. I do not want to get in trouble here, I was unable to find a rules thread, so going ahead and doing this. Again, if this is against the rules in any way please remove it.)

My brother is a developer, musician, and a math whiz. He has created a game called "Sum Wars" which is basically a math crossword puzzle that you build on your own! His only problem is... He can't distribute and manufacture the game until he's collected $15,000. This is where you come in...

Visit THIS website: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/665695128/sum-wars-tabletop-math-crossword-battle-for-all , where you can find the project, the different prizes for donating, and all the information about the game, how it started, and an informational video made by my brother and his fiancée.

If my brother doesn't reach the $15,000 goal by the 24th of May, he will not be funded and he won't be able to distribute the game! Since it's started (April 24th), he's already earned over $3,000, 22% of his goal! 71 people have backed his project already, so why don't you too? This is a great game for math geeks and number-phobes alike, which I'm sure quite a few of you are!

So, please, help my brother reach his goal! It would mean so much to me, and my brother, if his game reached the goal so that all the geeks and nerds can get to playing this awesome game!

Thanks for reading,
Brady (Speedsolve)

SpeedSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ben, is the fact that there only being the addition and subtraction operators your only issue with this game? If so, my brother clearly states that they are trying to figure out the best way to interpret and implement other operators into the game in the comments section. So please, if you can't make a constructive post, don't bother replying to any thread. Those types of posts are useless, and a time-waster to anyone who has to read them.

SpeedSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
i'm just joking

it's probably harder than it seems

It actually is. Did you watch the video? My brother, who's a calculus whiz and overall braniac, only won 27 out of 130 games against his homemaker, crocheting-master fiancée.

Either way, if you're going to joke about something, do it in a not so degrading manner.

Edit:
So, my brother saw this thread then smacked me upside the head, told me to go easy on Ben since he was just being funny. And apple, I see what you did there...

Thanks for checking out my brother's game either way, guys! Even if you don't have any change to spend on the game right now (it only takes one dollar!), spread the word around! This is such a great idea and definitely deserves to get to its goal.

By the way, my brother DID do an update explaining that they are trying to implement the multiplication and division operators. Let's hope for the best! :)

Last edited by a moderator: