• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub1Hour's Quest for a White Jacket | Officially Good at Sq-1 Now

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I finally did it, I made a progress thread. This is my personal progress thread and as the title states, my endgame goal is to get a white jacket. For those who don't know, TheCubicle is a major speedcubing company that has many sponsorees, and those who are sponsored for their talent often receive a white jacket. Someday, I wanna get there.

Current Main Focus: Getting faster at 6/7, Learning CSP

Current Main Cubes
2x2: Valk 2 with MGC 2x2 springs
3x3: Angstrom Valk 3 M
4x4: MGC
5x5: Celeritas Valk 5
6x6: MGC
7x7: MGC
Square-1: Angstrom MGC
Megaminx: Yuhu v2
Clock: Qiyi
Pyraminx: Bell V1

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You get point for that excellent title, finally something that is not "x progress thread bla bla"
Thanks, I tried to make it simple and concise.

anyway, I got a question for you guys, should I do YT? I probably won't get around to doing it right now but eventually, I have plans to and I want to see if anyone would actually watch.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you’re serious about sponsorship I think a quality YT Channel makes sense. While I’m sure some sponsored cubers don’t have YT channels there are many Team Cubicle cubers that do (Brody Lassner, Partik Ponce, Stanley Chapel, and Lucas Etter are a few that Immediately come to mind).

As a business, sponsorship makes more sense if their team members can help grow their business as much as possible. If you’re a great cuber with a big YT following (and other social media’s) it just makes more financial sense to invest in you vs you just having fast times and providing no additional exposure to the cubicle.

Great goal, nice thread title, and good luck!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
They are sold out of my size :(

I am probably gonna get one though when they get the XL back in stock, But the T shirt is my favorite one

I also have the Blue/Black RGB shift hoodie

brododragon

you^23=you*you*you...="Error: Cannot multiply strings"
Prob wouldn't actually say multiply, wouldn't do that you * you thing, and wouldn't it say something along the lines of "cannot convert" (?). I guess it's just a joke tho

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did it, I finally started learning some more OLLs. Today I learned 40, 39, 49, and 50 making my OLL progress 29/56

I'm also starting to do Green and Blue cross. The reason I'm not trying to be completely CN is because it's not that useful on 6x6. The reason I'm learning Blue and Green is because every single edge has either Yellow, White, Green, or Blue, so I don't have to force parity to be on a white/yellow edge on 6x6.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I just finished my first session on Green/Blue cross, I did an Ao100

Generated By csTimer
avg of 100: 16.22

For reference, this is my current Ao100 on my regular session

Generated By csTimer
avg of 100: 12.51

I'm a little more than 3.5 seconds behind so I'm gonna try and do an ao50 every day on average.

I also might learn a few more OLLs today or some EP.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Generated By csTimer on 2020-07-02
single: 9.28

Time List:
1. 9.28 R2 F U2 F' D2 B U2 R2 D2 U2 F U2 R' D' L' U L' D R' F' D2

My first CN sub-10!!!

Working on a reconstruction right now

EDIT: Reconstruction failed since I couldn't remember my solution, I don't pay much attention during my solves so I couldn't remember anything past the X-Cross

Last edited: