• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub1Hour's Quest for a White Jacket | Officially Good at Sq-1 Now

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I'm back. Technically I have been back for 2 weeks but I haven't cubed much since cause school got in the way and I also wasn't feeling it. My team got eliminated back at the end of October, so now I've had a lot more time in my schedule. I've rekindled my love for 5x5 after a brief stint with clock, and now I've regressed to 1:30. I want to get a lot faster, hopefully, I can get back to where I was before my football season (around 1:22) quickly. I've done a little over 30 solves this week and I already went from 1:45 to 1:30, so I think I could get back to where I was pretty quickly.

*EDIT* Directly after posting this I got a 1:23 Ao5

On a side note, what games have you guys been playing recently. I got into rocket league seriously for the first time and I really enjoy it. I've only been playing ranked (solos because I've already wanted to break my controller over teammates multiple times in unranked) for a week and it's pretty fun.

Last edited:

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I'm back. Technically I have been back for 2 weeks but I haven't cubed much since cause school got in the way and I also wasn't feeling it. My team got eliminated back at the end of October, so now I've had a lot more time in my schedule. I've rekindled my love for 5x5 after a brief stint with clock, and now I've regressed to 1:30. I want to get a lot faster, hopefully, I can get back to where I was before my football season (around 1:22) quickly. I've done a little over 30 solves this week and I already went from 1:45 to 1:30, so I think I could get back to where I was pretty quickly.

On a side note, what games have you guys been playing recently. I got into rocket league seriously for the first time and I really enjoy it. I've only been playing ranked (solos because I've already wanted to break my controller over teammates multiple times in unranked) for a week and it's pretty fun.

I play a frick ton of Ori and the Blind Forest, no joke best platformer of the decade.
Some Among Us, but not to the extent of literally everyone else.

Silky

Tetris 99, Ikaruga, Outlast, and Darkwood. Darkwood is kinda blowing me away. A super unique unorthodox survival horror.

Also, what do you average STM for Square-1?

Last edited:

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel

Minecraft :)

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tetris 99, Ikaruga, Outlast, and Darkwood. Darkwood is kinda blowing me away. A super unique unorthodox survival horror.

Also, what do you average STM for Square-1?
Not quite sure, I never measured it but I might record an avg and post it here so you can get an idea of my efficency
Minecraft :)
I mean who isn't? I'd love to get into modpacks that have more than 80 or so mods but my computer is trash so it cant run those ones without frequent crashing
I play a frick ton of Ori and the Blind Forest, no joke best platformer of the decade.
I forgot to mention this, but just letting you know, Mario Galaxy 2 came out in 2010, so technically that counts, since it's the second-best platformer of all time with number 1 being the original Galaxy.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to mention this, but just letting you know, Mario Galaxy 2 came out in 2010, so technically that counts, since it's the second-best platformer of all time with number 1 being the original Galaxy.

From what i've played of both (45 stars in galaxy 2) i think i prefer Ori, just because of the amazing artsyle and how fun it can be to play for just 10 minutes to calm down

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I did a big session on 5x5 tonight, and for the first time in a few months I got a sub 1:20 avg
Generated By csTimer on 2020-11-22 (solving from 2020-11-22 22:57:08 to 2020-11-22 23:05:46)
avg of 5: 1:18.90

Time List:
1. (1:29.85) Fw' U Rw L2 R' F Bw' D L2 U Dw2 B L' B' U2 Dw Bw L2 Bw' R2 Bw U2 Uw' Bw2 Dw2 U2 Uw L U2 Fw Bw2 D Fw Uw2 Rw2 Bw' Uw2 Dw2 B2 Bw' Lw D2 Lw2 R2 Rw F Bw' D' Lw' U' Lw U R Rw' Fw2 F Rw2 Lw' Bw' D' @2020-11-22 22:57:08
2. 1:26.17 Bw Fw R' D2 B' Lw2 D' R' U2 B2 Dw' F2 Fw Bw2 Uw2 U' Lw L U' B Dw U2 D' B2 Fw' Bw' L Lw Uw B Uw U2 Fw2 B2 Bw2 Lw Bw Dw' Lw2 B Rw B Rw' Lw R2 Uw R B2 Dw2 Rw' Uw' F2 Bw2 Fw Lw' Uw2 Fw' R2 Rw2 D @2020-11-22 22:59:24
3. 1:15.51 R2 Lw' Uw' Dw U2 F2 Fw2 Uw Dw' U' B2 Bw L F2 B2 Bw Dw Rw2 Lw' B2 Bw' D2 R Fw' Lw' B' Uw2 R2 Lw Dw2 Uw' U' Rw' L' U' Rw R' Dw2 D' Bw2 R Fw Rw2 D2 B R' Uw2 D Dw L' R Uw2 Bw U2 B2 Fw2 F' Bw D' U @2020-11-22 23:01:31
4. 1:15.02 Lw Rw' F Bw2 Uw2 B2 Rw' R2 B2 U' Dw Fw2 Lw' Uw' Fw' Dw' Fw Rw' Dw' Bw2 F2 U Bw' Uw Fw Dw L' Lw' B2 D L2 Rw2 Bw Dw2 Lw2 Rw' Bw' B2 D' Fw F2 R D2 Uw Lw B2 F' U2 B2 Lw L2 R' Bw' U Fw Bw D' R' Fw' U' @2020-11-22 23:03:44
5. (1:10.16) U2 R Dw R' Bw' U Fw2 Lw Rw Fw Bw2 Rw' F2 U' Bw' Rw U D R Dw' L2 Bw' Rw' Lw F2 Dw2 F2 Lw2 B L Dw' R D2 R' B2 R' Uw2 D U R2 U2 Bw2 L' D2 Bw' Fw2 B' Lw Fw' Rw' B F' Fw' Lw' Uw U2 D2 Lw Uw' Bw @2020-11-22 23:05:46
I'm really quickly getting back up to speed. After starting my session off with a 1:33 avg and going to 1:18 in only 25 solves is incredible. I'm hopefully going to get back to where I was globally, and maybe even faster if my pattern continues. Things are still shut down where I live, so I'm probably gonna have a ton of time to cube through the Christmas season. It may be unrealistic, but I want to achieve a sub 1:15 GA and a sub 1:00 single. It's hard, but if I improve the way I have been it should be a piece of cake.