• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub1Hour's Quest for a White Jacket | Officially Good at Sq-1 Now

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Generated By csTimer
avg of 100: 16.67
A little bit worse than yesterday but that was expected since I haven't done any other solves yet today. I'm still struggling with figuring out the EO of my F2L edges and I find myself inserting pairs before my cross is done either on accident or just because I see them. My TPS is the only thing saving me at this point because my lookahead is trash

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I finally feel like I'm getting used to recog on blue/green cross. I can feel my TPS slowing down a little bit since I can actually see what pieces need to be in the F2L now and my total pause time is going down very quickly. I did another Ao100 today, 15.69, a very nice improvement from my first 2, cutting about a second off both. I also did a competition style Ao5 for the last 5 solve of my Ao100 and got a super good 14.05 average. My lookahead is getting very good and I think I'm gonna start trying it out on 6x6 (the main reason why I'm trying to become quad CN) and see how well I do.

Kaneki Uchiha

Generated By csTimer
A little bit worse than yesterday but that was expected since I haven't done any other solves yet today. I'm still struggling with figuring out the EO of my F2L edges and I find myself inserting pairs before my cross is done either on accident or just because I see them. My TPS is the only thing saving me at this point because my lookahead is trash
What does eo of f2l mean?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
So if the pair is in the back right you have to do a b move or rotate
Is that what you mean by eo
Kind of. If the edge is good then I can pair and insert it with only RUL, which is good, but if its a bad edge I have to rotate or use an f/b move. BTW location of the slot the edge belongs in doesn't affect the orientation of the edge unless you use a rotation to change where the slot is relative to the F face

Kaneki Uchiha

Kind of. If the edge is good then I can pair and insert it with only RUL, which is good, but if its a bad edge I have to rotate or use an f/b move. BTW location of the slot the edge belongs in doesn't affect the orientation of the edge unless you use a rotation to change where the slot is relative to the F face
You can now solve on white yellow and green right?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can now solve on white yellow and green right?
I'm faster on White and Yellow, around 12 seconds. But on Green and Blue, I'm a little slower at around 15. But I feel like I just overcame the original barrier of Color Neutrality and I have a sub 14 Ao5 on green and blue. I think it won't be that much longer until I am just as fast with green and blue as I am with white and yellow. I'm not sure if I am going to try and go for red and orange cross right after that though since diminishing returns apply to being CN, especially with my main reason for becoming CN on blue and green, avoiding triple parity on 6x6

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Generated By csTimer

Don't you use CFOP?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't you use CFOP?
Yes, but knowing the EO is still very useful since it lets me know which pairs are RU gen or LU gen so I can do those before making a rotation or F move. It also just makes my look ahead much easier for some reason I don’t have enough ZZ knowledge to explain even though I use regular old CFOP

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Yes, but knowing the EO is still very useful since it lets me know which pairs are RU gen or LU gen so I can do those before making a rotation or F move. It also just makes my look ahead much easier for some reason I don’t have enough ZZ knowledge to explain even though I use regular old CFOP

Why don't you just know which solution goes with which F2L pair? Each F2L case should be drilled into your muscle memory at that point, so you should automatically know whether to rotate or not without recognizing EO(which is slow; even the best take around a second in their main orientation)

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why don't you just know which solution goes with which F2L pair? Each F2L case should be drilled into your muscle memory at that point, so you should automatically know whether to rotate or not without recognizing EO(which is slow; even the best take around a second in their main orientation)
J Perm says it's faster to lookahead by recognizing pairs by EO, but, idk, tbh I don't use it.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I DO know which solution goes to each F2L case but I use EO recog to limit my rotations down to around 1 per solve. EO recog is slow on blue/green so I find myself doing more rotations than I need to. I try and incorporate it into my solves as another tool to up my efficiency.