• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub-15 average quest

Zaphod42

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to be sub-30 average of 5, i'm so close and hoping to get there by Christmas. I know 2-look OLL and PLL and i was wondering if anyone had some general practice tips.

Thanks!
I would start with full pll and learning advanced f2l and maybe lookahead i dont use lookahead and i still average about 25 seconds

Seth1448

NONONONO don't learn look ahead yet, you should be at LEAST sub-25 when you learn it. I tried look ahead when i was sub 40 and it was confusing and it didnt really help me at all. You should also learn full pll soon

DNF_Cuber

NONONONO don't learn look ahead yet, you should be at LEAST sub-25 when you learn it. I tried look ahead when i was sub 40 and it was confusing and it didnt really help me at all. You should also learn full pll soon
It isn't confusing. Just learn to look at different pieces then the ones you are solving. You won't be doing different turns or learning algs. I figured it out just from the name without even watching a vid. an hour after that I got my first sub 20.

zinzan8

smh, I think you're misunderstanding my question...
or I'm misunderstanding something...

I'm asking why did he put that algorithm in his post at that time?

> Practicing F2L should be enough, L U L2 E' L' E2 L' U' E' L' .

Is it something @abunickabhi thought OP needed to know when he was replying?

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
smh, I think you're misunderstanding my question...
or I'm misunderstanding something...

I'm asking why did you put that algorithm in your post at that time?

> Practicing F2L should be enough, L U L2 E' L' E2 L' U' E' L' .

Is it something you think he needs to know when you were replying?
It’s just a stupid way to show that he knows some 5-style algs (algs to swap 5 pieces while doing blindfolded).

Seth1448

You should learn more advanced f2l cases. Watch j perm’s advanced f2l video, i learned to do f2l cases a LOT more efficiently an it sped my f2l by like 10 seconds definitely watch it if you havent.
Here it is