• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub-10 with CFOP, how long to get to same times with Roux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrunner35

Hello all,

After achieving sub-10 with CFOP, I’ve always been fascinated with the idea of Roux. After a few days of practice using 2-look CMLL, I average ~14 seconds. How long do you think it will take to reach my times from before with CFOP?

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello all,

After achieving sub-10 with CFOP, I’ve always been fascinated with the idea of Roux. After a few days of practice using 2-look CMLL, I average ~14 seconds. How long do you think it will take to reach my times from before with CFOP?
It all depends on the amount you practice. Cus you're sub-10 with CFOP, doesnt mean you can be sub-10 with Roux. They are 2 very different methods, so it all boils down to the amount of practice you put it.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am method neutral with CFOP and Roux since 2018.

I started out with CFOP in 2012, and started out with Roux in 2016.

I am not yet sub-10 with both methods officially but sub-11 with both methods independently for quite a few years.

I think it will take you a year to get from 14 seconds Roux to sub-10. That being predicted, it all depends on a lot of factors with deliberate practice being the key factor.

Good luck improving in your second 3x3 solving method.

TheKravCuber

WCA
2019MARA05
YouTube
Visit Channel
They would be waaaay faster by now if they stick to CFOP.
zhouheng switched because he wasn't getting faster..... literally just look at his competitive history once his roux times caught up with cfop times he continued to improve. can you please just keep baseless claims to the method debate thread from now on. at least we can expect it there instead of you just putting "cfop better!!!! 11!!1!1!!" on every post that even mentions roux or zz

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
CFOP is not only faster but more fun as well. I am just trying to help this man make the right decision.
It is objective what method is quicker, and it is also objective which method is more fun, because when I temporarily switched to Roux to try it out I had a ton of fun, because I got to try out a different perspective than what I am normally used to.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
This is why I don't like people like jperm
It's the individual cuber who is irrational and close-minded. Jperm may encourage it by lack of detail and authority, but "hate" isn't an appropriate word to use. If you do indeed mean hate than you are worse than the ones whom you judge.

Last edited:

zzcuberman

It's the individual cuber who is irrational and close-minded. Jperm may encourage it by lack of detail and authority, but "hate" isn't an appropriate word to use. If you do indeed mean hate than you are wors than the ones whom you judge.
Hates just a word like any other

Status
Not open for further replies.