• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

(3x3) Quest to Get Faster than Owen Morrison: Sub 7 average!

Are you color neutral?

• Yes

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • I'm thinking about it

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • It's not even worth it to me

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Working on it

Votes: 20 16.8%

• Total voters

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
i finish my online school at 2 pm and finsish all my homework in 3 pm normally, then i spend the rest of the day cubing, and i sleep at 10 pm so that means 7 hours cubing for me lololol
Big Brain lol

Wow, if it's seven hours a day, then you practice the amount of the time I practice in a week.

Nice video, you were timing how much time you take to do all the PLLs, right?
Yes. I don't do it too often, which is why it's kinda slow. I usually am able to Sub 1 all of my PLLs individually but all together. . . that's a different story.

D

Deleted member 55877

Honestly CP recognition (aka ROLL) is completely worth it. Your OLL time actually doesn't change, because you only think about what the CP might be DURING the execution. And PLL is much easier. However I don't execute all adj algs with headlights on the left. (Rb, Aa, Ab, Gb are the cases I don't do headlights on the left.) So I don't bother predicting where the headlights end up for adj swaps

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Honestly CP recognition (aka ROLL) is completely worth it. Your OLL time actually doesn't change, because you only think about what the CP might be DURING the execution. And PLL is much easier. However I don't execute all adj algs with headlights on the left. (Rb, Aa, Ab, Gb are the cases I don't do headlights on the left.) So I don't bother predicting where the headlights end up for adj swaps
it is pretty good you only need to look 2 sides in oll and pll and that really helps to lower your recog.
also this is your first message so congrats! :)

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use all of the algs that J Perm uses except for the U perms. I use RU U perms and I do everything righty except for A perms. I have seen a difference in the times where I do CP Recognition compared to the ones where I don';t know the cases (because There are 6 for each OLL). I currently know around like 20 or something like that. I have gotten multiple sub 10s because I can predict a skip on some of the easy cases. I really am enjoying the CP Recognition process and I think that it really is 100% worth it. Glad to see that others agree with this decision to keep learning.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I enjoy the hard work. I feel like it gives me something to work towards and enjoy
I stopped learning ZBLL. I'm still thinking about just doing a few COLLs for the H cases but then doing ZBLL for the other ones
I'm not forcing myself to practice though. I truly enjoy it
You guys, I got my 3rd 8 second solve ever yesterday. It was an 8.05 with a Back Sune, PLL skip. Some Yusheng Do Last Layer!!
you can just edit you know
also first quadruple post ive seen

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
it is pretty good you only need to look 2 sides in oll and pll and that really helps to lower your recog.
also this is your first message so congrats! :)
I already know 2 sided PLL Recognition, I am just learning CP Recognition in order to make PLL recognition faster. I was going to learn VLS, which is why I learned 2 sided PLL Recognition. But I still learned it, which affects how fast my CP recognition is as well

you can just edit you know
also first quadruple post ive seen
Lol thank you. I'm still new to this

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I mean, it's his thread and also it wouldn't make much sense of editing a post an infinite amount of times.
he doesnt have to
he can double post as long as it makes sense
if you want to edit a really big post your just better of making a new one it wont hurt
as far as im concerned, a double post is fine anyway.

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
ANOTHER NEW VIDEO!!!

he doesnt have to
he can double post as long as it makes sense
if you want to edit a really big post your just better of making a new one it wont hurt
as far as im concerned, a double post is fine anyway.
IDK if this is important or not. I'll try to get better at the site lol. Thanks for you guys' help

My main aim is to get method neutral and sub-10. Currently I use CFOP and Roux in my official solves.
I am sticking with CFOP. It feels like a much better flow for me

I am trying to post more YouTube videos. So what would you guys like to see?

I am very proud of myself: I almost beat my PB single yesterday. 8.08 is so close!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
You guys, I have done it. I have finally achieved Sub 10. I am so proud of myself for defeating this barrier and I think that is so much more that I still have to improve on. I would like to thank you all for your support and kind comments on this thread. I can't wait until I see some more improvement and I hope that I can share some more of my achievements with you all.

Much Love,

Ishmael

YouTube
Visit Channel
You guys, I have done it. I have finally achieved Sub 10. I am so proud of myself for defeating this barrier and I think that is so much more that I still have to improve on. I would like to thank you all for your support and kind comments on this thread. I can't wait until I see some more improvement and I hope that I can share some more of my achievements with you all.

Much Love,

Ishmael
Congrats!

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel

Much Love,

Ishmael
Well done!
Owen, are you up for the challenge?
This should be fun. Go go fishyishy ;)

JakeCanSolve

Much Love,

Ishmael
Congrats, I hope I'll be sub-10 too one day!