• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stuck at a wall

antech101

WCA
2016BAKE01
so recently took a small break from cubing, when i returned my average on the 3x3 went from 43 seconds to 50 seconds, and i feel like its getting worse every time i try. I feel like i hit a wall and the wall is moving closer, can anybody give some advice to help with this?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
so recently took a small break from cubing, when i returned my average on the 3x3 went from 43 seconds to 50 seconds, and i feel like its getting worse every time i try. I feel like i hit a wall and the wall is moving closer, can anybody give some advice to help with this?
More information would be needed to be able to properly help you, like, what method you use, what cube, what are your splits for each solving stage, maybe a video of some solves... Normally practice is the key, though, and learning new things, and slow solve so you can think about how you solve and look for more efficient ways to do it...

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
well i use CFOP and a moyu aolong v2, i'm not CN, i use intuitive f2l, i use 2 look oll and 2 look pll
With that method and cube, even with 4LLL you should be able to come down with some work to 25sec easily. Probably you need to cut down the time you spend looking for F2L pairs and start making pairing/insertion more automatic so you can start looking for your next pair while you execute the current one. If you can devote some hours a week to practise (slow untimed and also timed) you should be able to improve eventually. I'm a bit old by speedcubing standards (46) and it took some months to get down to sub-40 and almost a couple of years to get down to sub-25, almost 3 years already and barely sub-20 now. Again, a video with 3-5 solves would help point out more specific things.

willi pilz

I feel like i hit a wall and the wall is moving closer, can anybody give some advice to help with this?
The Key to not get frustrated and giving up is.................drum roll :)

Lean back watch something and do A LOT and I mean A LOOOOOOOTTT of untimed solves.
because if you always time yourself you get frustrated. I average 14-15 seconds and I time myself once a month.
So just solve the cube 500 Times and you will be faster. Happy cubing :)

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Instead of repeatedly walking into the wall, take a step back and look for the door.

In other words, slow down and try something different. Don't always time yourself because under pressure you're not likely to try new things, and if you never try new things, its unreasonable to expect to improve.