• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stop Method Spamming

TheEpicCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
This may have a weird title, but it will all make sense after I explain what I mean.
What I have noticed is that most people (guilty of it myself) spark debates on the best method, or the method with the most potential, etc. The point is, everyone’s opinion matters, but not in places in where it doesn’t need to be.
For example, you may like the Mehta method. (Check out the video that Felipe shared, it is a fun method to use) but you don’t need to try to convince people to use it in an introduction page. The newer cubes may not know what the HECK Mehta is, and will be overwhelmed with new info.
And there you have it. Stop method spamming, make pace and not war.

CubeRed

Like many other people said, the amount of vast knowledge in cubing we as a community have can be easily overwhelming. (Myself included) The best we can do to help newer cubers is to slowly teach them one thing at a time. Advanced stuff (ZBLL, L5E, TTLL and all that mega sized subsets) can come later. Once they have more knowledge THEN they can make the decisions.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah this has become a big problem in the community. All methods have their plus and minus points and people have a particular reason for using them. We should stop debating uselessly on which method is the "best" one since there isn't a single "best" method. Some methods are good in one way, while others are good in another way.

voidrx

This may have a weird title, but it will all make sense after I explain what I mean.
What I have noticed is that most people (guilty of it myself) spark debates on the best method, or the method with the most potential, etc. The point is, everyone’s opinion matters, but not in places in where it doesn’t need to be.
For example, you may like the Mehta method. (Check out the video that Felipe shared, it is a fun method to use) but you don’t need to try to convince people to use it in an introduction page. The newer cubes may not know what the HECK Mehta is, and will be overwhelmed with new info.
Im guessing this is a little bit pointed at me. I am not forcing Nautilus on newbies. I am merely educating them on a method that they might find interesting.
However please note that I am now taking a more personal approach where I don't use my amazing copy and paste thing, and I take it a bit slower

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
An introduction page on a new method should describe its merits. Having a debate (in the appropriate places) is not the same as spamming.

I believe he was talking about people forcing their methods in new members introduction pages, not the introduction page for the method itself.

TheEpicCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I am not only talking about making method debates on introduction threads, I am talking about when people start a method debate where it shouldn’t be. Like on a profile… progression thread… etc. We should respect each other’s methods and be interested where the method debate should be.
For example, I find that Mehta is quite fun to use. I like the concept a lot and might make my own variations to make me go a bit faster. But other than that, I found a vid from @Filipe Teixeira in a method debate, and that what’s got me interested

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, Filipe was joking, but seriously, method spamming is consistently supporting YOUR method in the worst places possible.
i do this 24/7 lol, LO
I'm glad you liked mehta. I'll try to learn it too.

how 2 method spam 101
AHEM...

method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
method
LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! im in school so im not really laughing rn but its really funny
Well, I am not only talking about making method debates on introduction threads, I am talking about when people start a method debate where it shouldn’t be. Like on a profile… progression thread… etc. We should respect each other’s methods and be interested where the method debate should be.
For example, I find that Mehta is quite fun to use. I like the concept a lot and might make my own variations to make me go a bit faster. But other than that, I found a vid from @Filipe Teixeira in a method debate, and that what’s got me interested
theres a cubing argument thread we can spam crap in
ZZ is my only personality trait, you can't do this to me
same but with Waterman
Im guessing this is a little bit pointed at me. I am not forcing Nautilus on newbies. I am merely educating them on a method that they might find interesting.
However please note that I am now taking a more personal approach where I don't use my amazing copy and paste thing, and I take it a bit slower
natlitits is good but its not world class

not stopping tho. I dont necessarily think waterman is the best method but it has alot of potential. (sorry for method spamming)>

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Didn't get make pace and not war.

Do you mean make peace and not war?

I think all Roux variants and Mehta variants are cool to discuss on the SS forums.