• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stop joking about noncuber jokes.

WCA
2014XINR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Honestly even though I say in the video that it's a joke, I'm actually kind of serious. It gets annoying.

This video is basically what happens when you put me next to a video editing software, and with a lot of sleep deprivation. Hope you guys enjoy, and feedback would be awesome :)

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
I think that you're reading to much into the topic. Not sure how you got to the fact that cubers think that non-cubers making unoriginal jokes are inferior ?

To be honest any hobby/sport will have their fair share of unoriginal jokes from those not participating in the hobby/sport. Point in case... I juggle and unicycle... I can't tell you how may times I've heard .. "hey you've lost a wheel" or having the circus tune hummed or whistled ... Do I think those people are inferior .. no .. just uninformed. Luckily for me I come from a circus family so having circus references thrown at me are kinda complimentary.

So just smile and wave boys .... :)

turtwig

Huh, I had no idea 10 year olds spammed stale memes everywhere.

But seriously, a lot of the problems people complain about are just the result of little kids, who are probably slow, that spam random stuff they think is funny or trendy to get attention. Just let them do their thing and ignore them, they can't be reasoned with anyway.

WCA
2014XINR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha, you really shouldn't take the video TOO seriously considering that it was mostly just kind of a gag; wanted to make a little "rant-like" script and see how it would turn out.

And while it's obvious that I wasn't completely serious about what I said, it can get a bit annoying sometimes. So yeah; my exaggerated exasperation in the video was an act, but actual-me also agrees with what I said, just not to that extent.
Thanks for the feedback though, highly appreciated :)

To be fair, it can seem like we're speaking a whole different language to them. At one point, I said, "I got the same last layer case twice in a row: an anti-sune into a U2 and Jb." Anyone here probably knows exactly what I'm talking about, but to a non-cuber, it's gibberish. Is it any wonder they don't understand?
Though, to be honest, I have a grudge against non-cubers, since one of them decided to take apart my YueXiao without my permission, and ended up snapping a corner off. I know it's irrational, since it was only one person, but they still owe me the $10.55 it cost me to replace the cube.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was solving a 5x5 at school near the road, some kid comes up and says: "can I turn that?"
She takes it and starts struggling to turn it. After a little while, she looks away while trying to turn it, then suddenly she drops it, and pieces go EVERYWHERE! There were kids everywhere around us so I was scrambling to try to find the pieces. When I got into the car I wasn't sure if I had all the pieces, I had collected them all in a hat...

With help it got rebuilt a few weeks later

turtwig

I was solving a 5x5 at school near the road, some kid comes up and says: "can I turn that?"
She takes it and starts struggling to turn it. After a little while, she looks away while trying to turn it, then suddenly she drops it, and pieces go EVERYWHERE! There were kids everywhere around us so I was scrambling to try to find the pieces. When I got into the car I wasn't sure if I had all the pieces, I had collected them all in a hat...

With help it got rebuilt a few weeks later

That really sucks. Once I had this little kid drop my Aoshi it completely exploded, I was so frustrated. Took me half a year until I got around to rebuilding it. Basically now I only bring my Qiyi Sails to school so that if anything happens it isn't such a big deal.