• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Starting a Speed cube review

I really want to start a speedcube review channel but do not have camera, editing software, microphone or anything. And my parents don't really want my voice on the internet. So maybe I could start a cubing blog? Would anybody actually read cube reviews off of a blog or is it a bad idea. Also does anybody have ideas on how I could start reviewing cubes without making videos bc i don't have anything i need.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I really want to start a speedcube review channel but do not have camera, editing software, microphone or anything. And my parents don't really want my voice on the internet. So maybe I could start a cubing blog? Would anybody actually read cube reviews off of a blog or is it a bad idea. Also does anybody have ideas on how I could start reviewing cubes without making videos bc i don't have anything i need.
For a camera, you can use your phone if it’s decent. If you can’t get access to that, try buying a cheap, but good one.
Editing software is easy to find, loads are free, and pretty good. Microphone isn’t necessary, if, again you have a phone, but you can find some decent, cheap ones. Ask your parents why they don’t want your voice on the internet, maybe I can tell you what to say. If they’re absolutely rock solid, (this will solve the mic problem as well), try not using your voice and have in video subtitles. I think blogs are fine, something like this is pretty good: https://speedcubeshop.com/blogs/karls-cube-corner/valk-power-power-m-3x3-review
If you don’t want to write as much, try for a review style similar to @Zain_A24’s, I really like his.
Hope I helped!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
Or you could make 1 single thread similar to mine: