• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The King is Dead

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
gonna do oh now
Did some OH

Wasn't able to get any larger averages worth posting, but I finally caught a sub12 ao5 on camera as well as a sub13 ao12.
Speedcubedb is really lacking in method diversity so maybe I'll recon and submit there for and giggles.

11.77 OH ao5

12.86 OH ao12

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually did some cool things:

Here's a pretty fast average for me on megaminx, including a counting sub50:
51.49 ao5

And there have actually been some developments within ZZ-Spike - the distinction/rediscovery of widespike in addition to 4EO actually being used.
ZZ-Spike Developments: WideSpike and 4EO

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did some solves the other day. I caught a couple sub9 ao5s but then also caught these two 6 second singles and thought they were worth uploading.
6 second singles

I also got this longer average on camera:
9 something ao25

I did a preliminary movecount check and I'm at 52.7 STM. I would have liked to be at 49, but I'm pretty content with this as is. I know that getting better at eoline+1 and better zbll recog will get me sub50, so the grind continues.

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
12.80 oh ao12
9.96+2=11.96 single

I know I need to get better at stackmat so I've been doing more of that, but actually I need to get better at th stackmat, since I've got a comp coming up soon. OH is more fun though, even if I don't have official attempts planned for the near future.

Regarding the channel, I posted some downsolves (3.37 cfop, 2.80 petrus) that have performed quite well, in addition to an OH zperm and another zz f2l avoidance trick. There was also an 8.99 ao5 that I caught, but thats not cam pb nor was it stackmat.

I want to record some faster, longer averages for OH - something like a sub13 ao50 or a mid11 ao5. I've recently learned virtual cube so that's another area of content I can utilize, and I've got an idea for that as well.
I have two more ideas for F2L tricks. There are three videos I want to make about eoline, but what the zz community really needs are videos on eocross. Unfortunately, that is not a step that I am able to properly explain as I don't actively use the step and I can't even plan cfop cross.

Many things planned, very few things in the works atm. Once I finish this semester I may be able to realize some of these ideas.

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3:33 6x6 single

2:33 6x6 single

big cube unboxing (real)

As mentioned in a previous post, I have a comp with 6x6 coming up next month. As such, I finally got a modern 6x6 and started practicing. I think 2:45 should be very comfortable, so I might even actually aim for 2:30, or at least somewhere around there.

I recorded a quick unboxing that should absolutely be taken entirely seriously it is not a joke guys im not kidding please the quality control is terrible nothing i said was facetious at all in any way shape or form and everything in the video is 100% genuine like c'mon you know me would i joke around like that i never make stsoptihs like that at all also don't look at the name of my unboxing playlist.

Last edited:

xyzzy

ZBLL is actually cool for big cubes because you can force opposite swap for PLL parity pretty often. (There's a small number of cases where it's better to take better ZBLL + adjacent swap over worse ZBLL + opposite swap, but I no longer remember which those are.)

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL is actually cool for big cubes because you can force opposite swap for PLL parity pretty often. (There's a small number of cases where it's better to take better ZBLL + adjacent swap over worse ZBLL + opposite swap, but I no longer remember which those are.)
hmm, that might be something I could look into (you know, given that I know full zbll). At the moment, I'm just doing COLL into PLL Parity into EPLL which feels comfortable enough. I'm finding R' U' R' U is a much more comfortable setup for adj swap than R U R' U', but opposite swap not needing any setup is obviously much nicer.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
12.78 oh ao50

i caught a very light case of covid two weeks ago and did some oh grinding while in my quarantine
got some very good (for me) keyboard times
dnfed out of my first 12 ao100 in like two years so rip but pushing sub13 is very cool

i will most likely not reconstruct these but they're there ig

some competition averages tomorrow

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Phil Yu has been defeated.

It's been over 10 years since his 11.03 OH Avg5 (non rolling) claimed its spot as the fastest recorded ZZ average. And although Simon Kalhofer has since beaten it, the german resident is unable to purge the record from within the United States.

It has fallen upon myself to dethrone our most prolific solver. I've done it before, under the immense pressure of competition, and yet it was in the comforts of my own home that his unofficial solves eluded me.

At long last, I have them both: 12.26 OH Avg ZZ NAR and 10.95 ZZ OH Avg YT NAR

Simply beautiful.

Last edited: