• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stackmat Pro Timer Problem

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
I got a stackmat pro timer in October. Within about a month, it started giving problems. Sometimes, it goes unresponsive for a while, and other times it does a wierd thing where the display switches off and then briefly shows 8:88.888 when I start it. It has been doing this for two months, but it has been getting more frequent. I usually fix it by taking out the battery and then putting it back in. The video below shows what I mean.

Could this be the battery getting low? If so, how long does the battery typically last?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah you just need a new battery. When timers start displaying 8s is a sign of low battery. At the start it can be fixed by just taking the battery out and putting it back in, then making sure the cover is tight enough to hold the battery in place. After a couple of times you just need a new battery. You can get packs of 12 for about 5$ on Amazon. The one you are looking for is CR2032.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Thanks for the help. I stopped at the local supermarket and got a new battery on the way home from work. The timer is working perfectly so far, and the display seems much sharper than even when I got it.

Vecolity

hey, this also happens to me, but with the gen 4 timer. can anyone help? i replaced the batteries an hour ago.