• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SS account failures

Do you know how to fix this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
google stated that this wont happen again. Lets hope thats true.
screw google. big tech has too much power of censorship and surveillance. my school district forces everyone to use chromebooks and gmail accounts. they are indoctrinating our youth

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel like google is trying to take over the whole internet.
for those who have been doing web dev for a long time, you'll probably remember when internet explorer was the main browser. it was buggy and didn't follow web standards but lots of people used it so web devs had to make all sorts of workarounds for crappy IE. google chrome was nicer to use for end users back then but now so many browsers are webkit/chromium based that we are reaching the same point where google will have a stranglehold on all web browsing and can force whatever standards they want, like microsoft a decade or so ago. firefox is pretty much the only holdout and mozilla wastes their money on stupid diversity and pie in the sky projects, to the point where they had to lay off a bunch of people when money got tight. I'm glad i'm not a web dev.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
for those who have been doing web dev for a long time, you'll probably remember when internet explorer was the main browser. it was buggy and didn't follow web standards but lots of people used it so web devs had to make all sorts of workarounds for crappy IE. google chrome was nicer to use for end users back then but now so many browsers are webkit/chromium based that we are reaching the same point where google will have a stranglehold on all web browsing and can force whatever standards they want, like microsoft a decade or so ago. firefox is pretty much the only holdout and mozilla wastes their money on stupid diversity and pie in the sky projects, to the point where they had to lay off a bunch of people when money got tight. I'm glad i'm not a web dev.
this is just proof of what we have known all along.... My mom is using a chromebook.

also this just became a chatroom, so lets NOT keep it that way and instead a place where people can come and get help from account problems. This thread should get stickied, and the title should become bold (as well as removing the poll because we've solved the account contact problem already.)

DNF_Cuber

yeah, my dad has several MMA websites, one of which is called bloody elbow(which he admits is a stupid name) and because google doesn't like it, his site goes down when people search MMA

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah, my dad has several MMA websites, one of which is called bloody elbow(which he admits is a stupid name) and because google doesn't like it, his site goes down when people search MMA
yes you understand. because so many people use google, and it's set as the default search engine, if google doesn't like your site for whatever reason, they can make it go down in search rankings and make small businesses lose lots of money. frankly our tech laws are not adequately modernized to deal with big tech and they power they have over public discourse, in the sense of Foucault. When you can control speech, you can control thinking. This is why I am an adamant supporter and such active user of these forums: their existence and use actively resist big tech hegemony such as facebook pages and youtube.

DNF_Cuber

also this just became a chatroom, so lets NOT keep it that way and instead a place where people can come and get help from account problems. This thread should get stickied, and the title should become bold (as well as removing the poll because we've solved the account contact problem already.)
The poll will close in an hour, but I can't remove it.

DNF_Cuber

So I don't know if you guys noticed... but my account was broken for a couple of days. I've heard that this happened to some others such as Nir1213.

What should I do to fix my original account?
In the account settings of your old account, capitalize(lowercase if it already is capitalized) the first letter of your email. This is what worked for me and @BenChristman1
It seems like this is affecting a lot of people. First me and MJS, then Nir, then Ben, now you. :(
EDIT: Also this is the thread I made for this problem:
EDIT2:It was moved.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
My solution works. I am happy that my annoying experience led to others being able to fix it.
I think capitalizing it makes the system think that its a different email, but its actually the same, so i just emails to your account. Its basically like your tricking it.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I use Gmail, and my account is still broken
it wont work for me cause it keeps showing me this:View attachment 14256
Sorry about the delay guys, I will fix this. Is this issue happening with new accounts after registration, or for active, already verified accounts this error is randomly coming up randomly? When did it start and how many of you had this issue?

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry about the delay guys, I will fix this. Is this issue happening with new accounts after registration, or for active, already verified accounts this error is randomly coming up randomly? When did it start and how many of you had this issue?
These issues have all been resolved. It seems like it was a problem with gmail and not with the forum.